if you have the space.. consider used hifi for your PC audio.. my $125 2.0 setup

atarione

2[H]4U
That is right friends pictured below is my estate sale / thrift 2.0 set up costing $125 (turntable pictured cost $20~ not included in $125 figure as not needed for pc setup).

blah blah Sony ES stack (TA-N77ES, TA-E77ESD, blah blah blah 730ES (tuner), 700ES tape deck and SDP-777ES (surround processor not currently using) and a N110 (non ES amp) all for $75 .. rack actually cost more than the gear =p

now this was pretty solidly in Scroe territory and this stuff is pretty big and heavy (amp ~50lbs pre amp ~30lbs)

speakers Yamaha NS-344's 3way 10" woofer.. $50

this setup will (imho) while admittedly hard to replicate for the prices I paid for the amp... simply crush any new $120~ setups and most if not all $1k or more setups...

ta_n77es.jpg

I did have to pay $20 for a lamp kit for the meters on my amp as the lights didn't work when I got it..as you see they do now..

awesome setup of course using the optical out is nothing new but I love that amp, it meters and sweet looks and I'll bet sweet sounds. (y)

most of the time when I use this AMP with my PC I use my DV336SE as a preamp ... because I like the sound and while I can control the sony TA-E77ESD preamp w/ my harmony remote having the DV's Volume knob right by my keyboard is pretty handy..

I absolutely love the meters on this amp (which is too bad .. because the lamps are something Sony absolutely F***ed up with this amp and as they are wired in series and if one of the bulbs go the others go right with it.. then You have to desolder the old bulbs and solder new ones in.. it isn't too hard.. but I've had to do it twice in 4~yrs.

But the imagining is awesome and overall it is a very very good amp and I do like the Yammy speakers .. I had been using it with JBL L1s previously.. the 10" woofer 3ways I am enjoying more.

Nice too see! Used hifi is such a bargain if you do some research.
Friend of mine bought a similar rig but B&W + Onkyo I think and it was excellent, not many 2.1 computer systems could touch it then or now.

People buying computer speakers don't know what they're missing. It's sad these days I rarely see anyone I visit have a decent audio system. It's all bluetooth and soundbars. Don't understand why quality audio isn't more important to a lot of people.

I was using a receiver and bookshelf speakers on my Amiga and PC's back in the early 90's to the mid 2000's. Went to a set of Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers when I ran out of space on my desk.
Currently using powered studio monitors on both of my setups right now.

24297188_1721143187904648_1295545821175189964_o.jpg

I was always a fan of the Sony ES line back in the day, but could never afford to buy them back then.

Wanted something like this back then,
Sony ES line.jpg

Back