If you have purchased Windows XP OEM with Vista Upgrade coupon, please post here!

The good news is, that once I got the email saying my order was shipped, my card got charged the the next day,wich was March 9th. it wasn't quite 2 weeks later that the DVD showed up.LAST MS PROMO for me.

I am worried now after receiving the email that it's shipped (27 March 2007) my credit card hasn't been charged, i sent them an email and i await an answer, it's over 2 weeks since shipped, could i be receiving it FREE Shipping after all the trouble i've had?.

I am worried now after receiving the email that it's shipped (27 March 2007) my credit card hasn't been charged, i sent them an email and i await an answer, it's over 2 weeks since shipped, could i be receiving it FREE Shipping after all the trouble i've had?.
It might be time for a phone call. If they didn't charge you, chances are it hasn't been sent, no matter what the page says.

It might be time for a phone call. If they didn't charge you, chances are it hasn't been sent, no matter what the page says.

I just rang them and they said i have paid already when i submitted the first order by post i sent a Cheque with it and that has been cashed now, so it should be here in about a week.:)
It's still taken 4 months to get it, that is Seriously bad service.
Microsoft says that Vista has overtaken XP in sales, what they don't say is how many people are re-installing XP because Vista is bloody crap at present, it was released too early it wasen't finished, it's a floored product at least until SP1-2 arrive and then it starts again with Vienna, Moduslink anyone, get your order in now, something tells me you just might get it on time.

I am now 7 weeks going on 8 weeks at order approved. I emailed them as per the email saying if I did not receive my copy with in 4 to 6 weeks that I should email them before May 1st. So I emailed them and I received the same email as before. That I must wait 4 to 6 weeks and I should email them before May 1st.

Does anybody have a phone number in North America that I can call. Not the one that sends me to the call center they know nothing and can only tell me what the website says.

First I want to thank all of you for posting here. I have been lurking forever. Here is my experience.

1) December 8th - purchased WinXP Pro OEM from newegg with upgrade certificate and all the H/W to build a new computer

2) Dec 26th - Filled out online form to order Vista-64 Business (a valid option at that point in time) and sent in the form and associated POP

3) End of Feb - still sitting at COA Validated. I sent an e-mail with a PDF of everything I had sent in the mail

4) Several days later order status changed to COA/POP Validated

5) Received a letter in the mail indicating they had received my POP but did not have an order number to attach it to (probably a cross in the mail from the POP I sent by mail WITH an order number)

6) End of March - order cancelled - no explanation

7) Sent e-mail inquiring why. Its the 64bit/32-bit issue. with instructions to place a new order for 32-bit version. No need to include POP just reference the old order number and new order number and they will transfer it.

8) From moduslink - "Sorry but you did not include POP".:rolleyes:

9) yesterday - Sent POP

10) yesterday - From Moduslink - "Sorry but POP is invalid":confused:

11) yesterday -Sent response that it is not invalid and already approved under original order number

12) yesterday -From moduslink - "Sorry but you did not include POP.":mad:

13) yesterday - Went back to original e-mail sent to me after order was cancelled due to 64-bit vs. 32-bit and replied to that including POP (4th time sent now) as well as other info

14) This morning - Order Approved:eek:

That's where I am now. As of yesterday they were responding fairly quickly (2 hour turn around) even if the responses were idiotic.

Well like I said in my earlier post. I am now at 7 weeks from the time they said I should receive my order in 4-6 weeks. I replied to the email that said contact them by May 1st. Here is the reply I got this time. Looks like I still have a while to wait yet.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program.

You should receive your order within 6-8 weeks when your manufacture begins shipping. I am sorry i cannot give you an exact date.

And yes we read these, sorry if we do sound like a computer sometimes. We try and be professional.

Regards,
The Upgrade Redemption Center

Then I got this one just 5 minutes ago. Asking for my POP again. I am sitting on Order Approved. I don't think I should send my POP again.

Dear Customer,

In order to release your order, we require your Microsoft Vista and/or Office upgrade order number and a copy of your Proof of Purchase.

If you have already submitted an order via one of the below websites, please reply to this message with your order number.

You may place your order online at:

I don't even care now if I get this thing or not.

Well like I said in my earlier post. I am now at 7 weeks from the time they said I should receive my order in 4-6 weeks. I replied to the email that said contact them by May 1st. Here is the reply I got this time. Looks like I still have a while to wait yet.

Dear Customer,

You should receive your order within 6-8 weeks when your manufacture begins shipping. I am sorry i cannot give you an exact date.

And yes we read these, sorry if we do sound like a computer sometimes. We try and be professional.

Regards,

Then I got this one just 5 minutes ago. Asking for my POP again. I am sitting on Order Approved. I don't think I should send my POP again.

Dear Customer,

In order to release your order, we require your Microsoft Vista and/or Office upgrade order number and a copy of your Proof of Purchase.

If you have already submitted an order via one of the below websites, please reply to this message with your order number.

You may place your order online at:

I don't even care now if I get this thing or not.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB:D

2009 Microsoft is going to release a new OS, Vienna, yippeeee, that means we can all go thru this again, but next time lets make it FUN. lol.

I'm new to this forum and would like to say that many of your posts have been very informative. I am also having problems with Moduslink and obtaining my Vista Upgrade. I purchased my Gateway PC at Best Buy last December and immediately registered for the upgrade online. I emailed Moduslink scans of my receipt, rebate form, POP, etc. All the information that they requested. After this, the Moduslink website said, "COA/POP Validated" or something to that effect. This was the case for quite a few weeks. Yesterday, I was checking to see if my Vista had shipped and the website stated "Order Cancelled". I sent them and email and got this response:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Per your direction, your order has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you still wish to receive a Vista upgrade product, please place a new order via one of the following sites:
------------------------------------------------------------
I responded to them explaining that I did not request my order to be cancelled. That would be rediculous. I've had no contact with them other than submitting the POP, etc. I explained I expect the problem to be corrected. This was there response:
Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, your order has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We are unable to reinstate a cancelled order.

If you still wish to receive a Vista upgrade product, please place a new order via one of the following sites:
--------------------------------------------------------------
If any of you that have had these problems and have had them corrected could let me know what you said, or how you handled it, I would be very appreciative.

I'm new to this forum and would like to say that many of your posts have been very informative. I am also having problems with Moduslink and obtaining my Vista Upgrade. I purchased my Gateway PC at Best Buy last December and immediately registered for the upgrade online. I emailed Moduslink scans of my receipt, rebate form, POP, etc. All the information that they requested. After this, the Moduslink website said, "COA/POP Validated" or something to that effect. This was the case for quite a few weeks. Yesterday, I was checking to see if my Vista had shipped and the website stated "Order Cancelled". I sent them and email and got this response:
Dear Customer,

Per your direction, your order has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

------------------------------------------------------------
I responded to them explaining that I did not request my order to be cancelled. That would be rediculous. I've had no contact with them other than submitting the POP, etc. I explained I expect the problem to be corrected. This was there response:
Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, your order has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We are unable to reinstate a cancelled order.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If any of you that have had these problems and have had them corrected could let me know what you said, or how you handled it, I would be very appreciative.

Just redo another Order, i got 3 Cancellations before i finally got Shipped on the website.
You just have to be patient with Moduslink, this may take sometime, i've been waiting 4 Months for mine, what you could do, depends where you are, is Call them, something not right with the website, call them, your not happy with the service, call them, but first submit a new order, then call ok

Yeah those prick bastards cancled my order too and I ALMOST gave up.

I almost said, fuck it -- I'm a student, Vista Premium Upgrade is like $50-60.

But no, I shot them a nasty e-mail and a week later I'm staring at my Vista upgrade!

Kent, how__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.4GHz (425x8; 1.39v load) 24hr Orthos stable
AC Freezer 7 Pro, stock MX-1 paste
ASUS P5B Deluxe 1.03g w/ 0910 BIOS
2x1GB G.Skill PC2-6400 "HZ" D9 (4-4-4-12 2.1V) @ 850MHz
Sapphire X1950XT 256MB
Auzentech X-Plosion DTS routed to Creative DDTS-100 routed to Klipsch Ultra 5.1 and Dayton 100w 10" selfpowered sub.
Raptor 150GB // Seagate 320GB
Samsung & LiteOn DVDRW DL
Corsair HX620 & Antec Nine Hundred

do i show my pc details like yours in a Thread?
I just copied and pasted yours, what software can take a snapshot so u can copy it?

Kent, how__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.4GHz (425x8; 1.39v load) 24hr Orthos stable
AC Freezer 7 Pro, stock MX-1 paste
ASUS P5B Deluxe 1.03g w/ 0910 BIOS
2x1GB G.Skill PC2-6400 "HZ" D9 (4-4-4-12 2.1V) @ 850MHz
Sapphire X1950XT 256MB
Auzentech X-Plosion DTS routed to Creative DDTS-100 routed to Klipsch Ultra 5.1 and Dayton 100w 10" selfpowered sub.
Raptor 150GB // Seagate 320GB
Samsung & LiteOn DVDRW DL
Corsair HX620 & Antec Nine Hundred

do i show my pc details like yours in a Thread?
I just copied and pasted yours, what software can take a snapshot so u can copy it?

Its in your User CP (see link up in the left side of the red bar labled UserCP). Look for the signature in your UserCP.

Its in your User CP (see link up in the left side of the red bar labled UserCP). Look for the signature in your UserCP.

It doesn't tell how to upload it to it, so i just wrote it out and copy/pasted it thnx anyway.

OK now I'm in trouble. My status says [finally after 4 months]:

Order is shipped
Friday, April 13, 2007

Of all the days to ship.

Here is their latest response:

Dear Customer,

We received the file(s) you attached as a proof of purchase, but were unable to view it in order to validate your upgrade order. Please resubmit your documentation in one of the following file formats:

.pdf
.jpg
.gif
.tif
.bmp
.doc

You may resubmit this documentation by using the instructions furnished below. In addition to your proof of purchase, please include your order confirmation number. We cannot complete your order until we have received this information.

Email: email a scanned copy of the confirmation page and a copy of your receipt to:

[email protected]

with the following in the subject line:

Upgrade Redemption Center POP

Fax: Fax the web confirmation page and a copy of your receipt to:

801-431-5616

Mail: Mail the web confirmation page and a copy of your receipt to:

Technical Upgrade Program
P.O. Box 1918
Orem, UT 84059-1918

Regards,

I will heed Pitbull's suggestion and resubmit my order, but I am skeptical.We'll see what happens. I'll post the results. Thanks for the help.

Just redo another Order, i got 3 Cancellations before i finally got Shipped on the website.
You just have to be patient with Moduslink, this may take sometime, i've been waiting 4 Months for mine, what you could do, depends where you are, is Call them, something not right with the website, call them, your not happy with the service, call them, but first submit a new order, then call ok

OK now I'm in trouble. My status says [finally after 4 months]:

Order is shipped
Friday, April 13, 2007

Of all the days to ship.
Check your bank account in the next few days, to see if they debited your account. If they did, you will receive your copy shortly. It took just 10 days after they debited mine.

Check your bank account in the next few days, to see if they debited your account. If they did, you will receive your copy shortly. It took just 10 days after they debited mine.

Yea - I figure I'm probably OK at this point. I just found it kinda funny that it shipped on Friday the 13th.

4 Bloody Months later Vista has just arrived in the post, OMG, i'm gonna go cold turkey, there will be nothing to complain about now, nothing to wait for, but hold on, there is a Future for me to look foreward too isn't there, NO you idiot, your unemployed.
Just when you think your in the clear, "they pull you back in"
Don't know when i will be back again, but wait, i see a light, walk to the light,
Don't people know when to switch off lights when they are not needed, Doh!!;)

I have also been waiting since december, My order is at order recieved. I got an email saying they couldnt process my payment and to send the money myself which I did even though some of the bank account details were wrong i.e the sort code was to long. This was 1 month ago and my order has not changed, I rand them up and spoke to a friendly indian, who said I think I would get it soon, didnt exacly fill me with cofindence this is the worst company I have ever dealt with and sure as the sky is grey wont be touching them again, and to the poster above me get a job you lazy git, only joking;)

Are people still waiting for this or am I the last one. I am now being told that it will be shipped out no later then May 1st and I should get it within 4 weeks of that date. LOL Good thing I have decided not to bother upgrading still at least SP 1.

Are people still waiting for this or am I the last one. I am now being told that it will be shipped out no later then May 1st and I should get it within 4 weeks of that date. LOL Good thing I have decided not to bother upgrading still at least SP 1.

Nope, still wating here. I got my "it's been shipped email" on the 4/4/07 and its now 13 days later, almost 2 working weeks and nothing yet. The website still doesn't show it shipped, I still haven't been billed for the charges for shipping. Yay for accurate information :rolleyes:

Wow... hard to believe they are still making people wait. This should probably be stickied at the top to direct anyone else having this issue as well.

Still waiting here as well, although it looks like its any day for me now as my CC was charged on the 8th, status changed to shipped on the 13th and tracking shows as delivered to USPS complete with USPS tracking number.

Next step is to see if I can get a copy of the 64bit version (using the MS's alternate media option - although its not clear if it will work on OEM versions) as that's what I really wanted.

Well, I resubmitted the information that Moduslink requested and they've changed my status from cancelled to "Order is Approved". I'm keeping my <fingers crossed> that it stays that way. No word on when (or if) my Vista will ship. Hopefully soon.

I too am still waiting, I have e-mailed them and also newegg but still nothing, I ordered this back in December before Christmas and also faxed everything over twice.

Mine showed up. Windows Vista Business Upgrade (OEM License). What I really wanted - and originally ordered (until they cancelled my order) was the 64-bit version. I tried the alternate media route through the Microsoft site with no luck (only excepts retail license numbers - no OEM).

So the question is if I order the Windows Vista Business 64-bit media only through pcmall ($25.00 - full retail version but no license key), will the key that came with my OEM upgrade work for activating the other media?

Anyone know or am I going to have to bite the bullet to find out?

Mine showed up. Windows Vista Business Upgrade (OEM License). What I really wanted - and originally ordered (until they cancelled my order) was the 64-bit version. I tried the alternate media route through the Microsoft site with no luck (only excepts retail license numbers - no OEM).

So the question is if I order the Windows Vista Business 64-bit media only through pcmall ($25.00 - full retail version but no license key), will the key that came with my OEM upgrade work for activating the other media?

I doubt it will. Retail/OEM keys weren't interchangable in XP, and I doubt they are in Vista.

Borrowed a retail copy to try it out. It works fine for both 32-bit and 64-bit using my OEM Upgrade key. Contents on the media all seems to be the same and only the keys seem to differentiate what is allowed.

With Vista, all keys work on all discs. The only differences are between bit versions. 32bit discs can only install 32bit version and so on. But every disc will accept OEM, Retail, and Upgrade keys. And each disc will scan the key you enter to find out what edition (Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, etc) you're licensed to use. The only gotcha is with upgrade keys. The disc will not allow you to boot from it and use an upgrade key. You have to start the installer from inside a Win2000 or an activated WinXP installation.

I'm not sure about the restrictions on going from XP Pro to Vista Home (Basic or Pro) or XP Home to Vista Business though. You may be limited in those situations.

Well I have had enough of this whole process. I am now being told that my Vista SHOULD ship around the 1st of May and I SHOULD get it within 4-6 weeks of that date. So today I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for Delivery Issues - The late delivery of products

Not sure if this will help or hinder my efforts to get my copy. Maybe more people out there that haven't received it could file complaints as well.

You do realize the BBB is nothing right?

It's an organization in which business volunteer to belong to. They have no real authority and I doubt since Moduslink's customers (us) don't get to choose where they get their upgrades from, Moduslink probably couldn't give a shit what the BBB says to them.

Good luck with your claim.

You do realize the BBB is nothing right?

It's an organization in which business volunteer to belong to. They have no real authority and I doubt since Moduslink's customers (us) don't get to choose where they get their upgrades from, Moduslink probably couldn't give a shit what the BBB says to them.

Good luck with your claim.

Yes I do understand that they are nothing. Well actually they are something. And if enough people do complain then action can be taken. If you want to be negative go do so elsewhere. People here are trying to get a product promised to them in a timely matter. Most of us didn't get that. Therefore I have a right to bitch to whoever I want. I also filed a claim with the federal trade commissions but I guess they are nothing as well. And I should mention that over 1000 people have filed claims with the federal trade commissions and there is now a good possiblity that they will be investigated by the US government. But I guess that won't matter either.

Incase you couldn't tell I am pissed. If you got your upgrade great. Most of us have not. I have been waiting since I filed December 24th 2006. I have been told 5 times that it is 4 weeks away. And now I am being told that I should have it by the middle of June. Not worth the 21.99 I had to pay for shipping. And if I don't complain then companies will continue to take advatage of consumers. If you like taking it up the ass from big business then be my guest I do not.

I'm still waiting - order still stuck at 'approved'.

However, as it has taken over 4 months for Moduslink to process my order - the credit card I used initially has now expired. So, I'm guessing that when moduslink try to ship, they won't be able to charge the card, and I probably won't get my Vistas.

There seems to be no way to change the payment details on the web site, I can't get through on the 'phone and I'm not going to send CC details via e-mail.

Any bright ideas about how to dig myself out of this hole?

Yes I do understand that they are nothing. Well actually they are something. And if enough people do complain then action can be taken. If you want to be negative go do so elsewhere. People here are trying to get a product promised to them in a timely matter. Most of us didn't get that. Therefore I have a right to bitch to whoever I want. I also filed a claim with the federal trade commissions but I guess they are nothing as well. And I should mention that over 1000 people have filed claims with the federal trade commissions and there is now a good possiblity that they will be investigated by the US government. But I guess that won't matter either.

Incase you couldn't tell I am pissed. If you got your upgrade great. Most of us have not. I have been waiting since I filed December 24th 2006. I have been told 5 times that it is 4 weeks away. And now I am being told that I should have it by the middle of June. Not worth the 21.99 I had to pay for shipping. And if I don't complain then companies will continue to take advatage of consumers. If you like taking it up the ass from big business then be my guest I do not.

Nope, still haven't gotten mine either. Bitch about it all you want, you will probably do a little tiny bit of good, but the BBB isn't what it used to be. Good luck with that and if you have any links for complaining, be sure to post them up.

Well i believe that if enough people complain then maybe something can be done. A lot of people still look at the BBB website before they will deal with a business. Maybe by doing this the next time there is a "Express Upgarde" that Moduslink is involved with people will say forget it. Maybe if enough people complain then next time they don't get the contract which means financial loss for them. When people work together they can make a difference.

As for complaining. Google Better Business Bureau or Federal Trade Commission. Even if you don't live in the US you can file a complaint as it is an American Based Company.

I am mad as should a lot of people be. I don't buy the excuse that they were overwhelmed with the demand. If that is the case don't email me and tell me 4-6 weeks. If that is the case don't charge me for the shipping once you have told me that it will be 4-6 weeks and it isn't.If that is the case bite the bullet and bring in another company to help with the overwhelming demand.

Now that we all know it is a bad system Microsoft should step in and offer those that have not received the item something to compensate.

At this point I don't care. But stop the lies. If there is a problem or a delay email those of us that are still waiting and tells us this is the case. Don't keep telling me it will be 4 weeks when I have waited 10 weeks from the 1st time you told me 4 weeks.

I will continue to complain to who ever will listen. I email Microsoft everyday telling them that this system was a joke. I email Acer the people who I bought my computer from. I email Future Shop the store I bought my system from. All of these parties are responsible to me the Consumer without all of us these companies would be nothing. And they need to remember that. But if only a few of us complain then it means nothing. And unfortunately that is the problem. Most times people just say forget it.

I could have waited 30 days and bought my new computer with vista installed. However I was told by the salesmen that no buy it now cause they have this Express upgrade program. If I knew then what I know now. I would have waited 30 days. As would most of us.

A lot of people who have received their copy filed the paper work after most of us who are still waiting. Does that seem fair? This whole system was a not planned out well from the start. And if they are so overwhelmed so what we do at my work we bring in extra help till we are no longer overwhelmed.

Software is not hard to make. Shipping software out is not hard to do. And once it is at the post office it takes no time to get to the customer. 4-6 weeks is a cover your ass time frame that most companies use in case of problems but when most of us have waited much longer then that, it is a problem that needs to be rectified.

That is my rant. Take it for what it is worth but we all know that this was a bad system and it is us the consumer that has suffered. Moduslink is still getting paid. Microsoft is still making Billions and the consumer again is the one being screwed.

Back