If you have purchased Windows XP OEM with Vista Upgrade coupon, please post here!

Well, read back a few posts to read my case.

Now it's gone from being in COA Validated.. to Order Sent to Back Office.. to Order Received.... I got an email last night from moduslink saying that the order was cancelled beyond their control. I am really clueless as to whats going on.

You will have to do a RE-Order the same thing happened to me and had to re-submit and am now on POP/COA Validated, Again.

With this company, Moduslink you just have to be patient, or go out and buy a copy, that's the choice they give us, not much of a choice but we do have one.;)

got mine in the mail today.

any way to install this on a formatted hard drive without "upgrading" from xp?

vista still needs some cooking norton system work will not run on it.
D975XBX mother board has driver issue also ?:mad:
i gest some of the companys did not have enought time to do all their drivers

vista still needs some cooking norton system work will not run on it.
D975XBX mother board has driver issue also ?:mad:
i gest some of the companys did not have enought time to do all their drivers
System Mechanic 7 will work, along with Nortons AV2007. Theres a 90 free offer on the AV, and 30day free Eval from www.iolo.com Just got done installing a Vista HP on an Asus

System Mechanic 7 will work, along with Nortons AV2007. Theres a 90 free offer on the AV, and 30day free Eval from www.iolo.com Just got done installing a Vista HP on an Asus
my norton anti viruse works 2007
basic sound drivers for intel board (vista) nothing like i had with their studio.
thank the gods i have dual hard drives. xp for now, ill trouble shoot vista :p
i new this could happen , im not surprise intel is playing catch up.
i have the oem disk i thought this surppose to work on a blank hard drive---my ass i had to use the hack trick to get this baby in . ill keep you guy posted .

got mine in the mail today.

any way to install this on a formatted hard drive without "upgrading" from xp?

yes , skip putting in code , then it will install ,once running install while running it ,put code in ,blam fresh new copy . if have problem let me know. :eek: i did this last night . its been posted on many web sites

got mine yesterday, submitted on 1/21.

What I ended up with was Vista Business OEM; out of curiousity has anyone tried to install your Vista 'upgrade' alongside your XP, (dualBoot)? I'm still leary about doing a full install/change over based on some of the various incompatabilities etc... but I'd still like to dive in and play around with it.

any info would be appreciated,
many thanks,
Fallen out

I read the first 6 pages and last 3 pages of this post and haven't found the information, so I will just ask:

What is the usually accepted/succesful answers to the "PC model" and "Serial #" questions on the upgrade website.

BTW I have XP MCE 2005 upgrade to Win VistaHP

Scooter- I used : 000

I got the first of my two Vista Business upgrades today. Took about 1.5 weeks to get here from the time they shipped it. 2nd one is on the way...

CxP

Scooter- I used : 000

I got the first of my two Vista Business upgrades today. Took about 1.5 weeks to get here from the time they shipped it. 2nd one is on the way...

CxP

For PC model and serial number?

thanks for the quick reply, I am trying to get this done today.

For PC model and serial number?

thanks for the quick reply, I am trying to get this done today.

Scooter, Scooter Libby? Is that you? /knee slap. I think I left mine blank my friend, but can't remember.

Mine came today 3/15. It was shipped on 3/07 It's a OEM UPGRADE of VISTA Home premium, and says OEM and EXPRESS UPGRADE right on the COA. It also included this note. " This Windows Vista software replaces the XP software that is eligible for the upgrade to this software. You may install and use this software only on the the device on which you acquired the XP software.":D

Scooter, Scooter Libby? Is that you? /knee slap. I think I left mine blank my friend, but can't remember.

You caught me... While not leaking important CIA information, I like to chop it up with the techies. I thought I had myself disguised by cleverly replacing the S with a $. =P

No i havent recieved mine yet.

Its been on stuck on order approved for over 2 weeks. Called them yesterday.No idea on shipment date.

the Gal did say, itll probably be after the 23rd.

I wish MS had used a different company than modus stink, they complelty suck.Theyre employess have zero information, and they are very dis-organized.

It wouldnt surprize me if it took till july.Idiots.

Bought XP x64 OEM on 2/26/07 along with cpu, ps and other parts for new build. Placed order for upgrade to Business Vista x64 on 3/11/07.

Received Upgrade disc yesterday.

I only finished installing XP for the first time this weekend. I'll probably wait until at least SP1 to install Vista.

1 of the reasons why Moduslink sucks could be that they are based in the U.S.

People in the U.S like to get paid a lot of money, and it is very hard to get them to work for their money. People here need a break every 15 minutes, and a few smoke breaks, coffee breaks and cannot be told what to do or to work faster, since that can mean asking for a lawsuit.

1 of the reasons why Moduslink sucks could be that they are based in the U.S.

People in the U.S like to get paid a lot of money, and it is very hard to get them to work for their money. People here need a break every 15 minutes, and a few smoke breaks, coffee breaks and cannot be told what to do or to work faster, since that can mean asking for a lawsuit.

Maybe it's just people where you are from in New Jersey are that way.

To our valued customer,

Thank you for placing your Windows Vista™ Express Upgrade order. We are pleased to provide Microsoft's newest operating system, which includes exciting new improvements in security, functionality and experience over Windows XP. Gateway is dedicated to providing you with the latest technology and your Express Upgrade to Windows Vista™ represents just that.

We are currently in the process of preparing your Express Upgrade to ensure your transition to Windows Vista™ is as seamless as possible. We will begin shipping orders beginning the week of March 26, 2007 for customers who have fully-completed the Express Upgrade process. Due to the volume of orders we have received, it may take several weeks after that date before your order will ship.

Please remember, you will need to submit your proof of purchase for us to complete and ship your Express Upgrade order. Your proof of purchase (such as a receipt, packing slip or invoice) must be submitted prior to March 31, 2007. This can be done via e-mail, fax or mail. Please include your confirmation email, order confirmation number, or COA number along with your proof of purchase. The COA (Certificate of Authenticity) number is the 14-digit number you provided with your web order and can be found on the back of your desktop PC or at the bottom of your notebook PC.

Please ensure you have used one of the following methods to submit your proof of purchase:
Scan & email to: [email protected]
Fax to: 801-431-5616
Mail to:
Software Upgrade Program Gateway & eMachines P.O. Box 1918 Orem, UT 84059-1918 USA

You may check your Windows Vista™ Express Upgrade order status at any time by visiting: https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/Gateway.

Thank you,

Gateway/emachines

My 2nd order has again been cancelled.

Order Number : XXXXXX
Order Status : Order is cancelled
Shipping Date :
Carrier : Standard
AWB# :

That was my last time i will submit the order with MODUSLINK, i'm just fedup with them.
I sent an email just stating i'm looking into legal action against them because i had done nothing wrong to warrent 2 cancellations from them.
I am getting the feeling that it might be Discrimination to people who live in the UK as to weather you get it or not:(

This was on March 11th.
w00t!

I have been charged the shipping fees! It's on it's way!

I went back on my bank statement online to see this morning how long it's been, and the charges are gone. Now what the hell is going on?

My status is still at

Order Number : xxxxxxxxx
Order Status : Order is approved
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

I am getting the feeling that it might be Discrimination to people who live in the UK as to weather you get it or not:(

C'mon....don't be ridiculous. I realize it's been a long haul. Gotta keep trying man. You'll get it. What is the reason for the cancellations? I'd get to the bottom of it.

This was on March 11th.

I went back on my bank statement online to see this morning how long it's been, and the charges are gone. Now what the hell is going on?

My status is still at

Order Number : xxxxxxxxx
Order Status : Order is approved
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

I'm assuming it was an authorization and not a charge. Many people get these confused. Authorizations are usually held for 3 days and released if the item can't ship. And this may not pertain to you, but when people use a debit card, that money is taken immediately and withheld until the item ships.

I'm assuming it was an authorization and not a charge. Many people get these confused. Authorizations are usually held for 3 days and released if the item can't ship. And this may not pertain to you, but when people use a debit card, that money is taken immediately and withheld until the item ships.

It was my Visa Check/ATM/Debit card. The money was not taken except for that one day as far as I can tell. The trasnaction is no longer on my statement at all. Oh well, back to the waiting game. I am not sure I even want to install Vista anymore on my laptop anyways.

Sounds like they were just checking the card. I'm like you, mine is sitting in my file cabinet uninstalled for now. Perhaps later. I just finished building my pc and it's running too damn good to try hehe.

My 2nd order has again been cancelled.

Order Number : XXXXXX
Order Status : Order is cancelled
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

That was my last time i will submit the order with MODUSLINK, i'm just fedup with them.
I sent an email just stating i'm looking into legal action against them because i had done nothing wrong to warrent 2 cancellations from them.

Well what a turn of events it's been today for me.
I sent an email to Moduslink this morning and they rang me personally a few hours later to apologise, she took my CC number over the phone gave me a new Order number and got an email to say i should receive it within 4-6 weeks.

It wasn't just any old email i sent but a very abrupt one but also stated i will be seeking legal advice as to why this problem keeps accuring to me.

So those very young schoolkids once said "YOU GOTTA FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO GET VISTA/PARTY, oh i don't know it was a long time ago lol:)

Just for the record i've Duel booted Vista on one HDD and MCE2005 on another and runs great without any problems.

One of my orders shipped and I have it.

The status for the 2nd order is also 'shipped' but I just received a letter stating the order could not be processed because of 'Ineligible Product'.

What a bunch of damn morons.

Hi all,

Bought 2 copies, got 1 in the mail today. The other says COA validated on the website, thats all. I did send them in the same envelope to save money on shipping, should have know better, I'm sure thats the problem..............

SR

I finally got my order took about a month and a half of waiting and emailing. Remind me to NEVER use Moduslink for anything in the future ;).

I finally got my order took about a month and a half of waiting and emailing. Remind me to NEVER use Moduslink for anything in the future ;).

Just a reminder to "NEVER USE MODUSLINK AGAIN EVER, NEVER FULLSTOP CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE IF I DO AGAIN, WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T COS IT'S VERY VERY NAUGHTY IF YOU DO. NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY YOUR A VERY BAD BOY IF YOU DO".

There that should do it!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Order Number : xxxxxx
Order Status : COA validated
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

this is step number what in the process?

Back