If you have ever installed SQL server just once...

Team Obi Juan

Your Local Postmaster
What is the default "service" number during the install process?

For the life of me I cannot remember.

I installed SQL on this computer here in the lab many months ago and I know I used the defaults for most things, since I am and was a noob. Now I need to log into the machine to start loading data remotely and blah blah blah I can't...

It's a 4 digit number, I will be very appreciative. (off to look through my notes)

what the hell is a service number?
the port #?

ive installed a few sql servers over the years and I cant remember this.

what the hell is a service number?
the port #?

ive installed a few sql servers over the years and I cant remember this.

DAMMIT

nope, sorry guys that's all i remember... here's what I'm logging in to. This is a database mapping deal. Geographic Information Systems. I bet 3% of this forum has even heard of GIS before, lol...

servicebl7.png

"Service" is what I don't know.... it's driving me fucking nuts.

Ok I found it... it was in ArcSDE which I'm not going to explain. For posterity, default service for arcSDE and SQL is 5151.

GIS is some cool shit; What are you doing with it?

I work on campus gaining experience until I'm good enough to go get a real job. I'm already certified. I've worked on various projects from Remote Sensing with satellite imagery, to simple digitizing landuse classifications of National Guard bases, to creating watersheds for the DFW Airport using contour data. Even did a 3d golf course idea here for my school, U of north TX.

Now, bossman says to put data all the data I've used into a SQL database so that we can serve it to our lab and have all our data in one place.

Now all I have to do is relearn everything I've already learned (which is not much, lol) about SQL.

Here's a sample of the golf course:

3doy9.jpg

Getting help for GIS + SQL is a pain.

A) GIS is not popular
B) You can use SQL, Oracle, or a few other types of DBMS
C) The program that basically ties tabular data with spatial data has been rendered obsolete and replaced by the premier GIS company, ESRI. (ArcSDE out, ArcServer in)
D) we're using the obsolete one :D

Blah

I'm very jealous of people with computer jobs cooler than mine. lol Very cool shit tho man. I'm a Tax and Accounting Programmer heh coolest thing is I get to say I'm T & A

Back