If you have ever doubted BFG's Warranty

somecallmeTim

[H]F Junkie
Since we are a typical Geek family, there is always the trickle down series of upgrades. After I upgraded to a 6800GT, my kids got the 5700ultra. The fan on the GPU died, nothing else - card still worked great still so I called BFG and in order to keep the life time warranty I would have to send the card in for them to fix / replace instead of sending out an HSF. Made sense to me, so I boxed it up, spent $9.00 to UPS it back to them and the replacement arrived today.

Not only did they replace the HSF, but the card as well - there's a shiney new 6800oc in the box. Wow... just Wow. Way to go BFG! You made loyal customers for life out of the MartinClan. I'll have to upgrade to PCI-express so my wife can have my 6800GT so we'll all have BFG.

I can understand why they do this - it's cheaper to keep a smaller inventory than to stock parts / cards back a series or two. And we enthusiasts are happy :)

As always, your mileage may vary, but my 8yo daughter is totally stoked now (the 15yo just wants the computer up and running again, for some reason they don't like the GF2GTS that they've been using the past couple weeks).

Peace,
Tim

I have heard of BFG doing things like that and thats why I went with them when I bought my 7800GT. I spent a little more on it but, I have the comfort of knowing that if anything goes wrong with my card now or in the future they will take care of me.

airborne_mtrs said:
I have heard of BFG doing things like that and thats why I went with them when I bought my 7800GT. I spent a little more on it but, I have the comfort of knowing that if anything goes wrong with my card now or in the future they will take care of me.

I'm starting to think this same way...

L.W. was the reason I went with BFG when I got an nvidia card too. That freaking rocks man . Congrats.

Well, I guess I know who I'm going with next purchase! :)

Things like this do it for me, I don't know why! I like support! :D

Dustin

This is my second BFG 6800GT. The first had bad memory on it. I took it back to the retailer, and my new one has been working perfect for 3 months now.

I'm pretty happy. The only downside was almost having to pay shipping to RMA a card that was brand new and bad.

We have two BFG's in the house, and I don't think I'll every buy another brand of Video card. Same goes with RAM, I'm a Crucial fan - may cost a bit more, but they take care of you and stand behind the lifetime warranty.

Card works great in thier system xp2500+, 1 GB PC3200, 80GB WDse, blah blah blah.

A lot of my lanners have BFG (Theyve never sponsored us either... ) and if they have had a problem, it has been taken care of.

Peace,
Tim

somecallmeTim said:
WA lot of my lanners have BFG (Theyve never sponsored us either... ) and if they have had a problem, it has been taken care of.
yeah we all seem to love the BFG, the lifetime warranty is so worth the extra cash. I bought a 6800oc and had a dying cap on there so I RMA'ed it thinking id just get a replacement and be back up to full details again. when I received the package I ended up with getting a 6800GT! I must say I am happy with BFG. when it comes time for me to upgrade I will be going to them again.

I've had good results with BFG and gone with a 5900, 6800GT OC, and now a 7800GT from them on my different systems in the past couple years.

The only time I had to use the RMA process so far was for the 5900 which came to me broken from the company I bought it from. They were such a pain to deal with that I went to BFG instead who got the card replaced for me.

I learned 2 important things that purchase. Stick to Newegg for my hardware purchases and BFG for my video cards.

they have done this for me a few times, I sent in a ti4200 for a bad fan and they sent me back a 5900ultra as a replacement, lol

I have bfg 6800gt oc's in both of my kids machines, I have an x800pro in my main machine for one reason only the nf3 and 6800 does not play well together. So I put the x800pro in there for now.

Definitely not an isolated incident, bfg's customer service is second to none.

I too have some raving to do about bfg.

The svideo apparently went out on a 6800GT that i bought 2nd hand even from a fellow [h]ard member.

Called them up, after testing a new tv, new cable, diff drivers, etc, etc, gave me a RMA number, and said as soon as they get mine, they would send another out.

damn good service.

when i switch to pci-e in q1, bfg will be my card of choice.

good to see theres people who know how to do a rma properly. shows how bfg's support really is, as opposed to that other guy who was flaming them because they refused his rma after he *told* them that he replaced the stock hsf, which voids the warranty. they didn't ask him, he volunteered the information -_-

I rma'd my bfg 6800gt card a week ago due to crashing in all games after like 10 min through..... For the life of me couldnt figure out what was wrong. Anyways, called them up, got a rma number, and sent the card in.. I sent card ground. Well, I can say that BFG did a 1 week turnaround and this is the best part... They sent me a BFG 7800 gt card instead. Wow talk about great customer service, they could of easily gave me one of their old cards, but they gave me the newer one. I will always in the future buy from BFG for this sole reason, what a company....

who remembers visiontek? :cool: i miss the old days sometimes. I think i'm going to go with BFG next time i get a graphics card because of the warranty.

wow, nice story. I will make sure that I get myself a 7800GT from them when I upgrade in Jan/ Feb.

Very impressive!

I had a Ti4600 replaced by them and I received an advance card and worked right out of the box. BFG is a great company..

I sent my 6800gt out on the 13th, got the replacement 2 DAYS later on the 15th.

Damn impressive service.

So im selling the brand new 6800gt, lol, and upgrading to a 6800 ultra till i switch to pci-ex and socket am2 next year.

Back