If you had to pick which game to buy for Holiday Break

Which game would you pick (only 1)

• Total voters

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
What would you pick if you had just one game to play. Mostly looking for single player only games. Holiday means out today

Last edited:
I'm a Halo fan, and Halo 1 2 3 reach, and ODST are great single-player experiences.

And Halo 4 exists.

ugh, halo is... halo i guess. Its fun enough but the multiplayer is a mess and comes completely down to who has the best ping.

HZD is utterly fantastic, proof that the Ubisoft gameplay loop can be done so much better than Ubisoft does is.

HZD. Radically feminist? Yes. Is the gathering system bad? Yes. Can it sometimes get a little too repetitive? Yes. But overall it is still a pretty good modern game.

Halo 1-3 and the expansions are underwhelming. Unless you really liked Halo back in the day, they haven't aged well. Exception being Reach which is okay, but the story was very bad in that. They're fun enough to play through but really not that great.

I haven't played either but I been thinking of buying HZD. It's too bad it's not on sale. Probably not going to end up buying anything until I give Cyberpunk a try in a few weeks.

HZD is far superior but with the MCC you get several games, so...dunno. My pick is still HZD.

Of those two? Horizon. I like the Halo games and the MCC does have a ton of games to play, but as an over-all experience Horizon is definitely better.

Going outside of that: Hades. It will take a long time to fully beat and there is a ton of depth with a great story.

Dead cells. Good luck beating it. I'm 2 boss cells (BC) in and can't get any farther yet but can't quit playing it.

Horizon. I like Halo, but you'll probably be sick of that franchise before you even get to the last couple of them.

so far HZD is good. just got a chance to download and install tonight. This will keep me occupied till cyberpunk. Runs smooth so far. Tweak a few settings but 1440p works great. No frame counter or stats, buts its good enough for me.

so far HZD is good. just got a chance to download and install tonight. This will keep me occupied till cyberpunk. Runs smooth so far. Tweak a few settings but 1440p works great. No frame counter or stats, buts its good enough for me.

Horizon is a large enough game that it'll keep you occupied well past 12/10. Well, unless you go on a serious marathon over the weekend. It's a 40'ish hour game on the low end and it's around 80 if you collect all the trinkets and such. I did all of the "real" quests (but no collectable hunting) and finished up with 70 hours of game time.

Buy the Xbox Game Pass for a single month, get all the halos and like 30 other worthwhile games.

Probably Baldur's Gate 3. Been wanting to play it, but I don't wanna spend a $60 on a game around the holidays - where's the sale??

Probably Baldur's Gate 3. Been wanting to play it, but I don't wanna spend a $60 on a game around the holidays - where's the sale??
Max Budget was 35$. I never buy games at full price anymore because It takes me so long to complete.

You can see quite a few takes on Doom Eternal in the "Why does Doom Eternal Suck?" thread. It's a pretty divisive game to say the least, so I'd investigate before buying it. I thought I'd like it on paper (I liked the 2016 reboot), but ended up hating it.

Haydee 2.

Seriously. Once you get past the t&a weirdness its a great game.

Wheres my post? I wrote watchdogs1 because I have I have 2 and to me, aiden pierce is a very likable character who taces care of his sister nd her son! Also overall, it feels a lot more cyberpunkish and grim and serious. Wd2 feels like bunch of mates got together to hack bestbuy on the weekend🙄😂

Agreed. WD1 > WD2

I just did not care about any of the characters in part 2, Aiden was a "fixer" - and he had a reason to kill, revenge for his family.

WD2? The guy is just upset because he was setup, joins a gang, and they go on a rampage, and have zero reason to kill.

(Not that senseless killing just because isn't fun, it is, Postal 2 is one of the craziest and most fun games out there, but WD2, it's one of the worst stories ever, it's literally a regular guy that decides to throw all laws out of the window, and do whatever he wants, with very little repercussion.)

Back