If you had to pick one piece of hardware....

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
thats been with you over the years, what would it be...

Mine: My trusty SB Live Sound Card. I can't seem to let go of this puppy. :D

Hauppage WinTV GO!

My Dad got it for me for Christmas or a Bday... I cant seem to let it go, I just keep putting it in my newer computers.

The main reason I want to keep it is because I wasnt really expecting much because my family sucks... my Dad knew I was getting into computers [H]ardcore, so he made an effort to get me a computer related present that I might enjoy. My Dad is a big computer person, I dont really know what he does... but hes got a Masters degree or two, and a couple other degrees in computer stuff. *shrug*

I do use it from time to time... if I could find good software that could capture very well then I would use it more often.

A mouse I nabbed off my dad's HP. Amazingly I use it to play CS:S :eek:

It's just a basic mouse, with a roller ball, but it's pretty comfortable. It's got the same style as a razor diamondback.

Still has wires, and still has a mouse ball made of lead I assume, but I like it :)

My Plextor PX-W4824A, I got this sucker when they just launched.

I have burned a ton of CDs and yet to have one coaster. Best CD drive or burner I have owned.

My trusty Seagate 120GB. Been going for ages, and has never let me down. (... *knock on wood* ) :p

Happaugge winTV Theater

I still have my first winTV tho. Mono connection, cost me 90 bucks at Compusa back in 98/99

Tengis said:
Hauppage WinTV GO!

My Dad got it for me for Christmas or a Bday... I cant seem to let it go, I just keep putting it in my newer computers.

The main reason I want to keep it is because I wasnt really expecting much because my family sucks... my Dad knew I was getting into computers [H]ardcore, so he made an effort to get me a computer related present that I might enjoy. My Dad is a big computer person, I dont really know what he does... but hes got a Masters degree or two, and a couple other degrees in computer stuff. *shrug*

I do use it from time to time... if I could find good software that could capture very well then I would use it more often.

Love me later
http://virtualvcr.sourceforge.net/

Promise FastTrak 100 TX2 IDE RAID controller card... bought it about 3 years ago and haven't had any issues..

On my secondary computer I have an old 40gig hard drive, dont know what brand it is or anything, got it from a friend like 2 years ago, have to hit F1 every time I boot up. always says "SMART has detected a problem (yada) back up your data and replace your hard drive immediatly" Still havnt done it. been saying that for years and hasnt died. (how do I get it to stop that, tried disabling SMART in bios but it still does it)

off topic: went home the other day and went threw my stuff and found a old 3 gig hard drive with a $109.99 price tag on it. had a good giggle.

Microsoft Natural (ergonomic) keyboard, I have been using this badboy for about 6 or 7 years, I can't let it go. I got so used to the split keyboard with the arrows in the shape of a + instead of a _|_

My 17" CTX monitor. It has been going strong for the last 7 years. I have friends who have had "name brand" monitors crap out after less than half that.

sounds like all quality items....and I still have no plans to upgrade this aging sound card of mine.

Pkirk618 said:
thats been with you over the years, what would it be...

Mine: My trusty SB Live Sound Card. I can't seem to let go of this puppy. :D

I also still have mine, it served me well for over 5 years...I had to retire it though, it was a 4.1 Value! edition and I picked up a 5.1 setup...Great card though!

My audigy platinum, and ms intellimouse optical(the one with a button on each side used for leaning in SOF2 and other games that support this feature).

My princton 17" ultra 72 monitor. *8 years old, no picture degradation, many lan parties, dropped once, thousands of miles of travel, runs like a charm.

My trusty old 9500 np that I softmodded. Not in the main box anymore, but I just can't make myself get used to it. First decent video card I ever owned.

My Promise FastTrak SX4000 Raid controller...

Have had it for a few years and has already paid for itself...

My audigy 2zs
and my 80gig I-O Data external HD 80 gigs was alot when I bought it 8 years ago and it holds about 3000 mp3's and 200 full cd's

If my house caught fire I'm headin' straight for that External HD :D everything else can burn.

Viewsonic 17 inch CRT monitor that came with my gateway that I got to go to college. 7 years later, and it still works great. The DVD rom on from that machine is still in use as well, although just on a secondary machine, as it is quite slow.

My Audigy 2 ZS... It's the only thing from my previous computer that I transferred to my current one.

(Honorable mention goes to my RAM: two 512MB sticks of Mushkin Black Level II PC3500 -- you know, the ones with the BH-5 chips -- those are going into my new gaming box :D )

My Alpha PAL 6035 heatsink. While I have changed fans a few times, the heatsink has been on all 5 AMD machines I have built for myself over the last 5+ years, including my current XP2000+. I do believe this is about the end of the proverbial road for this one - I run up to 50*C in the summer.

Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard. It's been with me since the first computer I built back in 1999. I love that thing! :D

Back