if you had $50.00 to spend.....

strikerP4

Limp Gawd
What kind of PSU would you get for a computer with a C2D e6400 geforce 7600GT and 4 HD's?

trying to help a friend find a PSU just thought I'd gather some opinions for him.

looking more for specific models or brands rather than wattage recommendations

that silverstone looks like apretty good deal

+1 on the Silverstone. Got a good review here at HardOCP.

i've never heard of alot of these new power supply brands. it used to just be antec

Antec EarthWatts are Seasonic built, VERY good PSUs, the 430W should be enough for you rig

You can get an ultra power supply. They are really cheap, but have a lifetime warranty. I got one for free after rebate, but one of the connectors was broken and it smoked when I plugged it in. It worked, but I RMAed several weeks later. YMMV

This is a great supply and only 32 bucks.

It will be very quiet and supported by a good company.:D

You can get an ultra power supply. They are really cheap, but have a lifetime warranty. I got one for free after rebate, but one of the connectors was broken and it smoked when I plugged it in. It worked, but I RMAed several weeks later. YMMV

Ultra is the devil. Do not recommend.

The Silverstone 400w unit recommended is decent. OEM's FSP.

I'd sooner go with Antec's Earthwatts 380w unit. Seasonic OEM.

Ultra is the devil. Do not recommend.

agreed Ultra's psu's are POS. Recently, at a lan party one shorted out and fried the motherboard, the second Ultra's main 24 cable melted...tahts right frigging melted onto the plug of the mobo.

agreed Ultra's psu's are POS. Recently, at a lan party one shorted out and fried the motherboard, the second Ultra's main 24 cable melted...tahts right frigging melted onto the plug of the mobo.

Depends on which Ultra you buy.
The X3 line is very good and has an excellent OEM (Andyson).
Reviews all over the place are stellar. I have the X3 1000W in my main computer and it been everything I could have asked.

The X2 line seems to be the one that explodes, catches on fire, eats small children, etc.

Back