If you had $1500 to spend on a monitor set up what would it be?

a little over the budget quoted but im personally waiting for: AW3821DW
Already discussed :)

V
AW3821DW is supposed to be out next month, I'd probably snag that, in hopes its priced about $1500.
Yeah, I'm more interested in the 27", I have a hookup from work and expect to get that one for under 1k with a 5y warranty when it comes out.
If I'm spending almost 4 figures on a monitor I love the 5 year peace of mind.

My U3415w warranty just expired earlier this year, I need some more hz now though.

Probably going to get the LG CX48, but I'm hesitant after reading lots of issues recently.
What issues? You wouldn't think it has issues with how many in this thread are tossing that up as a recommendation. LOL

Reports of stuttering mainly.
Wonder if that's more due to not being the correct settings vs actual issues with the display. Like not set for gaming or what ever or some special bells and whistles crap that should be turned off that is left on the set. Rtings made no mention of it being an issue. Could just be a specific lot has issues also.

Wonder if that's more due to not being the correct settings vs actual issues with the display. Like not set for gaming or what ever or some special bells and whistles crap that should be turned off that is left on the set. Rtings made no mention of it being an issue. Could just be a specific lot has issues also.
There is a huge thread in AVS forums that talk about all the issues in detail. It’s still not 100% perfect.

There's actually a strong chance that the sony x900h ends up being better than LG's screens. Sony might actually not screw up HDMI 2.1 and you don't have OLED burn in problems.
Sony 2020 doesn't even support VRR/FreeSync/G-Sync at all and never will.

They've enabled the 4k120Hz HDMI 2.1 feature with the latest update, but that's useless without VRR to come along..

They've shot themselves in the foot.. I would have gone for a 48" Sony OLED just for AndroidTV alone, but the lack of essential gaming features was a major blocker for me..

I'd be replacing an X34 and an XB1 with same resolutions, same IPS, but gain only more framerate.

I'm cool where I am for now.

Sony 2020 doesn't even support VRR/FreeSync/G-Sync at all and never will.

They've enabled the 4k120Hz HDMI 2.1 feature with the latest update, but that's useless without VRR to come along..

They've shot themselves in the foot.. I would have gone for a 48" Sony OLED just for AndroidTV alone, but the lack of essential gaming features was a major blocker for me..

They said that the x900h will get VRR in a firmware update.

Back