If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

Think I have to return mine.

There is flashing vertical lines mostly on the left side of the monitor until it warms up.

Not normal at all. Well at least we'll see how the return policy works out.

I'm thinking about replacing my LG L246WP with a pair of these. I'm having a little trouble deciding if it's worth the effort or not, though. Anyone have any opinions that's done this?

I am returning this monitor due to the fact that it has red vertical lines when it's warming up. But there are other aspects that are concerning.

I received the monitor in perfect condition this morning.

nec.jpg

After the red lines disappeared. I noticed how bad the back light bleeding was. The monitor is set to black and in a dark room.

nec2.jpg

The one thing I don't understand is how BAD the viewing angles are. This does not look like a IPS panel. I can only compare it to a TN panel. I know there's something wrong with this unit, but why does it look this bad?

nec3.jpg

nec4.jpg

That would be hilarious if NEC "refurbished" these by putting a TN panel in lol. I doubt it though. You probably just got a lemon.

Yeah that definitely looks funky. Keep us posted on how the return goes.

I have to say this has made me nervous about what i'll get later today...

I am getting mine today as well. Hopefully my girlfriend didn't miss the Fedex delivery.

Well I got it. So far it looks to be a great monitor. I'll have to check it further when I get back from class.

Oh, no dead pixels and it came with the remote.

I got mine yesterday:

It came with monitor, stand cover, VGA, power, and audio cables. It did not include the remote, the connection cover, or a DVI cable. Anyone else have the connection cover missing?

The monitor makes a high pitched sound when in sleep mode (alternates at a regular interval between two pitches). It also has a hairline scratch (about 1cm long) around 1/3 from the left side of the screen (noticeable on light backgrounds). :(

So, I called NEC today and got approval to send it in for warranty repair. I hope they can fix it (at least the whining). :)

Just received my second monitor. Perfect shape, as the first. Came with all connection covers, no DVI cable, but this one came with a REMOTE! W00T! No dead pixels.

duals007kn7.jpg

Stevemedes: How did you get the blue LED light on the bottom front of the monitor to shut off without turning the monitor power off. I would love to get rid of that light.

How did you get the blue LED light on the bottom front of the monitor to shut off without turning the monitor power off. I would love to get rid of that light.

Menu/tools/LED Brightness

got two good ones today,one with out the connector cover and one with a remote both with perfect panels
thanks to tybert7 for the info

thanks. i also got in on the $229 LG L246WP P-MVA deal, so I have $1800 worth of LCD's for ~$650. I'm one happy camper right now!

!

Where was that deal!? I was looking for a 24" for cheap, and you tell me this NOW?

*hopes the NEC order didn't go through*

I am returning this monitor due to the fact that it has red vertical lines when it's warming up. But there are other aspects that are concerning.

I received the monitor in perfect condition this morning.

After the red lines disappeared. I noticed how bad the back light bleeding was. The monitor is set to black and in a dark room.

The one thing I don't understand is how BAD the viewing angles are. This does not look like a IPS panel. I can only compare it to a TN panel. I know there's something wrong with this unit, but why does it look this bad?

The color when looking from a diagonal angle is normal for an IPS. My 2007WFP looks exactly like your pictures, but with less backlight bleed.

Only a select few monitors don't have the glow when viewing the screen diagonally. (such as the NEC 2490 and 2690 and some DoubleSight DS-263N monitors)

Just wanted to thank the original poster and all the others who gave posted about this monitor. My Dell 2001FP went kaput back in January and I've been using my old Sony 17" Trinitron CRT while trying to decide what to get. This fit the bill great! Ordered Saturday night and arrived on Thursday. So far so good, love the TV tuner and PIP! Not to mention outstanding picture quality as a computer monitor!

I'm a total newb about this stuff and I plan on making a new computer when I'm back home in a month. Should this be something I should jump on or do you guys think there will be better by the time I get home?

Excellsior, get this. It used to $800 two years ago. It has a very high contrast ratio, AS-IPS panel, and a 6ms response...pretty nice combo ;)

Ordered from the link on the first page. 212$ shipped (will call).

Thanks! Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about. :)

Just bought a second one of these after witnessing the beauty.

Great f-ing deal.

for any canadian shoppers, they are sold out local and have to get monitors from chicago, which means u gott await for them to arrive before they can ship it out to u

for any canadian shoppers, they are sold out local and have to get monitors from chicago, which means u gott await for them to arrive before they can ship it out to u

Damn, I was just about to call (tomorow...) to see what was going on with my order... I can't wait dammit.

Back