If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

I wonder if the Image quality will suffer from the VGA connection from my laptop vs a DVI connection.

Played around with the extensions, ended up talking to one of the owners. Pretty nice guy. My order of 4 went through.

Their distributor has 20+ in stock right now.

Just so the people from Canada know, the screens will go from Tennessee to California then to Canada as their distributor does not ship here directly (they are drop shippers).

We'll see how it goes from here...

What number did you wind up calling (instead of the 800 number) 408-855-8000?

What number did you wind up calling (instead of the 800 number) 408-855-8000?

I just called the 408-855-8000 about 15min ago and verified my CC/addy info, they have taken the payment already, and i guess ill find out when it's shipped

the best part is it would cost $550 to ship it via FEDEX International lol

Wow! I just connected it (DVI to my vid card)-- couldn't wait. No dead pixels! Had to turn the brightness down to 40%. I thought my LG was good, but it's crap compared to this. The colors are amazing on this monitor, and loving the viewing angles, and the blacks. If it's not new, it is as good as new:)

Now you see why this monitor is so good, makes all other monitors look like utter garbage!

And yes the glossy coating helps for the blind, blind souls who have issues with that. So let the fools wallow with their non gloss screens, and crap 24" panels. I am glad I was incorrect about it being completely gone. Though the multiple sites should be taken with a grain of salt. I believe they are getting the refurbs from the same warehouse source, as multiple sites report the same number of monitors "in stock"

Now you see why this monitor is so good, makes all other monitors look like utter garbage!

And yes the glossy coating helps for the blind, blind souls who have issues with that. So let the fools wallow with their non gloss screens, and crap 24" panels. I am glad I was incorrect about it being completely gone. Though the multiple sites should be taken with a grain of salt. I believe they are getting the refurbs from the same warehouse source, as multiple sites report the same number of monitors "in stock"

I have a Dell 2005FPW from a loooong while back, which has (I believe) the same panel as these, though it's non-glossy. I haven't tried to upgrade to a 24" or whatnot because the colors, etc. are just so much better on these panels than the newer ones... despite wanting higher resolution/bigger physical size. Most other LCD's I see look terrible comparatively, with an immediate and obvious difference.

awesome zeroarmy! sucks about the remote though, i didnt get one either! :mad:

i have a dilemma now, run 2x20wmgx2's as my primary display and use my 24inch LG for my HTPC or use the 24" as my primary. what do u guys think?

I have a Dell 2005FPW from a loooong while back, which has (I believe) the same panel as these, though it's non-glossy. I haven't tried to upgrade to a 24" or whatnot because the colors, etc. are just so much better on these panels than the newer ones... despite wanting higher resolution/bigger physical size. Most other LCD's I see look terrible comparatively, with an immediate and obvious difference.

Same panel type, not the same panel. The NEC uses the latest 20" AS-IPS panel from LG Phillips, with overdrive and higher contrast ratio, and has the Opticlear coating.

awesome zeroarmy! sucks about the remote though, i didnt get one either! :mad:

i have a dilemma now, run 2x20wmgx2's as my primary display and use my 24inch LG for my HTPC or use the 24" as my primary. what do u guys think?

Buy two 20WMGX2s and e-aby the 24".

231 in stock...,

i guess i'll give it a try.

i notice that over on the right, where it says "condition: refurbished", it used to say "new"

Would this be a big step up from my P-MVA Acer (night and day difference)?

I do gaming and Photoshop and web design stuff...

Same panel type, not the same panel. The NEC uses the latest 20" AS-IPS panel from LG Phillips, with overdrive and higher contrast ratio, and has the Opticlear coating.

Nice... I've never seen a panel better than mine, these things must be a treat then :D.

My gosh! I joined this site and so far all I've done is spend money!

I hope my order goes through -- I remember lusting over this thing back in the day.

Ordered late on Saturday and mine shipped today. After my Dell 2001FP (with the S-ISP panel) went downhill a couple of months ago (6 days past the warranty period I might add), I've been using my 17" Sony Trinitron CRT. Was weary of getting a TN panel, so kept waiting, hopefully the wait will pay off with this monitor. Thanks for the heads up!

Just ordered :). I'm excited to see how this looks next to my LG 204WTX (which is TN film type). I just a few days ago got myself a Dell P991 because I couldn't stand the TN panel, now I don't know what I'm going to do with it lol.

Mine says it shipped from Olive Branch, MS (Mississippi?), yet the etech4sale website says the warehouse is in Memphis, TN? Is it shipping directly from NEC or what?

Question - When watching Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies on this monitor, does PowerDVD shrink a 1080p image to fit the screen or stretch a 720p image to fit the screen. The first option would obviously look a lot better, but is that what it does?

Back