If you could spare just a minute...

FlipperBizkut

[H]ard|Gawd
I am working on creating a database system for a local non-profit wildlife rehabilitation organization. Just something simple to help them move out of the pen and paper era, and hopefully make things a bit easier for them. Anyway, I figured I would call the project WildlifeDB (unbelievably creative and original huh?).

To try to pretty things up a bit, I opened up photoshop, typed "wildlife" in all caps, and then "db" lowercase. I grabbed the brush that looks like grass, and made it look like the font was sitting on the grass. Just basically some color or whatnot. But then it occurred to me... that lowercase "db" kind of looks like eyes. I thought about it for a second and thought how cool it would be if I was able to somehow incorporate an animal's face or whatever and make it look really nice. Then I came up with a horned owl (especially since this organization deals with all birds of prey as well). Their markings around their eyes and up to the tips of their "horns" look remarkably like "db" if the letters were rotated a bit. I looked through some images of owls, and attempted to work on this little "project," but of course I am no graphic artist, so even though I'm sure it would be a fairly simple task for some of you out there, it is definitely beyond my abilities.

So here I am. I figured I would ask for some help if anyone could spare a few minutes. The font I used for "Wildlife" was Lithos Pro, and for "db," I used Lao UI. Naturally, whatever looks good is fine. I just thought I would provide what information I could.

I really wish I had the aptitude for art. I would bang out some stuff and be done with it, but alas, I am hopeless. The ideas that I had are as follows...

I really like the idea of the full bodied owl with wings spread like in this image here. I'm not too sure where the "Wildlife" part would go (above the head I suppose?) to make it look good, but I like the image.

I then saw a side angle image and thought that it was really nice looking. The obvious problem with that one is that only one eye can be seen, so that would need a bit of fleshing out to solve.

And the other one I liked that would need some work too.

Any help anyone could provide with this would be fantastic. I know I'm begging, and I hate to do it, but it is for a good cause. I mean it is something that is purely aesthetic, and just plain text would still help these guys out a bunch. Like I said, I just wanted to try to spruce it up a bit if I could.

Thanks for taking the time.

tldr: I am begging for an artist to incorporate the letters "db" into the face of an owl so that anyone looking at it can tell it is an owl, and also see the letters "db" clearly. I know I suck for not being able to pay for this, but I come anyway... swallowing my pride... and begging.

sorry for the lack of res... but its a quicky i drew up in GIMP while at work :p

maybe will give you insight lol... i suck at bird feet...

birdy.png

Not bad! Thanks for taking the time. I wonder if it would be possible to make it look less like he was wearing sunglasses? This may have just been a bad idea in the first place. Hmm.

Thanks again.

Back