if you could save 50 bucks ( 5700 xt)

No. I don't do credit cards. That card seems to have a dent in it.:ROFLMAO:

I would get the aftermarket personally. I did buy the reference on launch, and it's too much trouble to sell and try to upgrade.

Reference is still decent, performance is good, but you will get a few extra fps from the AIB designs.

I also would not get a credit card just to save $50, as they will probably hit your credit score.

If I were 100% sure I'd stay under water, I'd grab the reference. I bought a ref v64 and block but ended up taking the water loop down after a few months. Couldn't stand the blower noise so went back to EVGA 980Ti ACX and now the card has been in my closet since late 2017.. I need to post that thing for sale before it's completely worthless..

In the future I'll grab an AIB card that has an existing block so I can go either way.

Benchmarks between AIB and Reference are virtually the same. Memory limiting and poor memory OCing in both. Now for some strange folks, noise is not even remotely an issue.

My recommendation is get an AIB if only a few dollars more. Better resale value as well as less noise if that is a concern. Skip the credit card. There will probably be sells later once demand goes down.

I grabbed a used 5700 XT Anniversary on eBay for $370-shipped and no-tax. It already boosts higher than any partner card that has been announced, looks better (jet black -not gray, minimal sheath) and after modding it per GN's instructions and throwing on some liquid metal, it'll be plenty cool and quiet for my tastes.

I grabbed a used 5700 XT Anniversary on eBay for $370-shipped and no-tax. It already boosts higher than any partner card that has been announced, looks better (jet black -not gray, minimal sheath) and after modding it per GN's instructions and throwing on some liquid metal, it'll be plenty cool and quiet for my tastes.
That was a great deal! Paid $449 direct from AMD for mine - love it.

Back