If you could choose your 1 (!ONE!) favourite game....

Final Fantasy VII (PSX)

Of course how can I also not mention other legendary games such as:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
GoldenEye (N64)
Perfect Dark (N64)
Quake III (PC)
Phantasy Star Online (DC)
Pokemon (GB/GBC/GBA)

Yep, it's gotta be Perfect Dark for me. If there were an updated version released for the PC or PS2, I'd be all over it. (I suppose XBox or GC would be good, too, except I don't have them.)

The weapons were sweet (N-Bombs, fly-by-wire rockets, FarSight XR-20), multiplayer was awesome (bots of various types, cool maps - including Goldeneye favorites Facility, Complex and Temple), and a really bizarre yet cool storyline (warring alien races contacting two competing companies on Earth).

Now that I think of it, it has most of the things I like about Unreal Tournament.

:D can't pick just 1. i get bored too fast.

have to say that myst iii: exile was darn near the top of any game i've played... but all-time favorite? dead tie between tyrian, museum madness, anything in the incredible machine series, and -get this- treasure mathstorm. most were dos games... but they ruled.

tyrian was an overhead scrolling shoot-em-up with kick@$$ music for dos 7 and up, and museum madness was a strategy game where the national science & history museum was being converted to total comp control... until a virus got in the works and scrambled the place up. you had to fix things and learned more than a little in the process. it actually made education fun for me for once.

incredible machine was just a rube-goldberg puzzle-solver. the original probably was dos, 2nd ver. (which i have) was win 3.1/95/98, then there were 2 more, one ran dos, the other did 2k/xp.

treasure mathstorm was revolutionary to me... i had not yet discovered museum madness. i have a math fluency prob so i need a calc for actually doing the math, even tho i understood squares & square roots in 2nd grade (not a joke or exaggeration) throwing snowballs and catching elves in nets makes math very, very fun.

Final Fantasy VII hands down for me, storyline is amazing, i still play it ever so often all the way through.

Hmm I can't put my finger on a one game that I like above all. There are too many, its gonna have to be on SNES, they had some great games back then. I'm leaning towards Mario RPG becuase the game was such a balanced yet awesome game. But there are so many other games that I have wasted my life on. Hmmm, also Perfect Dark for N64 was a great game too I spent over hundreds of hours with that game with friends.

I'm going to have to go with Mario RPG becuase of the story line, the amount of gameplay and how the game worked. Damn there are so many others.

ColinR said:
And Wing Commander?????????? Wing Commander was awful! Look at the graphics... 2D sprites. My C64 utilized 3D in Elite and Starglider (picked those 2 games as they are the most similar I could think of) to decent effect (admittedly wireframe, but fill rate was never a strong point of the C64).

Bane said:
And once again, graphics set the standard for how good a game is. :rolleyes:

Unsure exactly what the intent of the rolleyes is, there, but I'll let it slide. Great graphics do not make a game great. But bad graphics can make a game bad. I'm making the assumption that you've actually played Wing Commander. The space environment is, by definition, three dimensional. Why then, did Origin decide to represent opponents as sprites, that twist, turn and scale very badly? Also, they just seem to joust with you. Compare that to the (older) Elite. The ships were built out of polygons on the 16-bit machines (wire frame in years previously on the 8 bits). They turned and scaled gracefully, and combat just seemed right.

Again, my point wasn't that Wing Commanders graphics were crap so the game was crap.
My point was Wing Commander was crap BECAUSE the graphics were crap. There is a difference.

Super Mario RPG for the snes is my favorite. Man that was the revolution of mario, actually took time to beat it not 11mins.

Super Maro World for SNES.

I have the remake on GBA. I've probably beaten it at least 10 times, and its still fun to mess around with.

Back