If you are on a fence if you should buy new RAM now or later...

This thread and others pretty much pulled my trigger on another 2x8gb kit to put my new Ryzen system at 32GB. I watched the set increment by $5 at a time for an extra $15 and I just went for it.

I've really enjoyed the move to 32 GB. For gaming and office use it's plenty and I haven't had to worry if it's enough. I'll see WIndows caching 21-22 GB of data a times. That said, I usually recommend 16 GB to people.

The message I quoted mentioned he bought a new kit that he plans to use when he upgrades to Ryzen 4000. Ryzen 4000 will be using the new Zen3 architecture, so I was curious if there was any information out on the "memory requirements" and if there is already memory available you could buy that would 100% work (and work well) in Ryzen 4000 series / Zen3.

Ah. I would think that nobody's releasing QVLs at this point in time, but probably anything that doesn't have really tight timings or really high speeds would work this far from 2017, e.g., any old 3000CL16 is probably going to be fine, but that's just a guess.

Back