If they mated: CM: Stacker and Silverstone: TJ06

uzor

Supreme [H]ardness
So, I've been following this thread about the new CM Stacker case, and someone in there mentioned them bringing back the ATCS series. That got me to thinking....

What if Silverstone (the people behind :):edit:: maybe) the ATCS series) made a version of the "Stacker"?

Not being able to help myself, I whipped out my photoshop to go about creating this marvel so that you can all drool and dream along with me.
Without further ado, here it is:

silverstone_case_chop.jpg

edit: a bit more fanciful photoshopping:

silverstone_case_chop_2.jpg

Discuss...

Last edited:
Looks nice. I like the lack of door and the clean lines. The grate holes seem a little large, though. Why not go with a wire mesh over some sort of frame for the bay covers? Just something to try to smooth out the front...

now to sell the design to silverstone, and get that baby in production :D

I must say that is a VERY well balanced design. Try your best to get CM or silverstone to see it :)

Nice...but I'de like to see the Power/Reset switch panel able to be placed in any of the 5.25" drive bays and to also have the USB/Firewire/Sound Jacks with the Power/Reset.

Well, part of what I really liked about the ATCS cases is that they were stylish without being overstated. Besides, what good is having 10 5.25" drive bays if I have to use one for the power button?

Place more 5.25 bays where the 3.5 bays are? then you could probly have 12 5.25 bays with one taken up by ower-button / floppy drive combo?

amazing how uzor was just wondering something and whipped a photoshop of a case that looks better than 95% of the cases out there. make's you wondering what the hell the designers at thermaltake are doing.

If you really need 12 front bays, you need a more specialized enclosure from Storcase or Supermicro, or someone. As for trends, they've all been trying to out-rice eachother for some time now... Look here if you need any more confirmation.

Out of curiosity, how do you think I would approach someone like Silverstone with this anyways?

replace those front grills with something more mesh (like the stacker) and i would buy it right now.

RIGHT NOW.

OK GO.

UZOR,
Go plug your idea to thermaltake, they will rip off your idea sooner or later so you should move quickly!

A few things:

If someone gets me a good picture of some mesh, I'll re-skin the drive bays for y'all.

What case manufacturer would people suggest I approach with this design idea?

How would you suggest I approach them?

Assuming this goes farther than nowhere, what features/design specs would people like to see for the INSIDE of the case?

That is a nice looking case! I would definitely buy it! I like it better than my WaveMaster!

I disagree with the wire mesh comments though -- I like it the way it is!

That being said, I would use some sort of other feet though -- :D

Majin said:
UZOR,
Go plug your idea to thermaltake, they will rip off your idea sooner or later so you should move quickly!
no dont do that, i would rather buy a quality case that looks like this. TT would just make a piece of shit that has this look.

uzor said:
A few things:

If someone gets me a good picture of some mesh, I'll re-skin the drive bays for y'all.

What case manufacturer would people suggest I approach with this design idea?

How would you suggest I approach them?

Assuming this goes farther than nowhere, what features/design specs would people like to see for the INSIDE of the case?
i think the front looks pretty good as is, as for the inside i dont know yet

Nice photoshop work! I'd buy it if...

Outside, finer mesh, all aluminium construction including aluminium feet with a more rectangular design. Inside, simple as possible construction like praetorian/atc-201 with upside down removable mobo tray and standoffs that tighten the opposite way. 1x120 intake and 1x120 exhaust. PSU at the bottom. And lastly, everything anodized black :D

the problem with the standoffs going the wrong way is (please sexcuse me if im wrong here) that they would need to include specialized standoffs, and if someone looses them, they would most likely go out and get regular standoffs, and then try to force them in, complain to the company, want an RMA, eventually get it because of there nagging, and when a couple thoussand ppl (there are more idiots than you think out there) do it it raises the price $50-$60......

frown.gif

unless of course they had a place you could buy them...

it needs to have room for 2 or 3 120mm's in front, 1 on top, 1 on the back, 1 on the side panel wouldnt hurt...imo

if you could work with the stacker 3.5" bays, then id assume that around 9 5.25" bays would suffice for most users. plenty of room for watercooling components that way.

btx compatibility would be nice as well.

as long as it doesnt vibrate like the bitch my ATC-210 is....it is ok USA.

I think this thread is turning into a "what my dream case should have" :rolleyes:
Oh well, I'll contribute to the party:
At least 120mm up front, back, top, removable mobo tray, inch of room in back for wires, all alu w/ rubber/silcone grommets everywhere, Stacker's bay system, with an all-in-one temp sensor, usb, firewire, sound, power/reset, and floppy port taking up one 5 1/2" bay, and a cost below $200 :D
Now you design that uzor, sell it to CM, you make a ton of money, and we all get "engineering sample" cases for free.

MrMitch said:
amazing how uzor was just wondering something and whipped a photoshop of a case that looks better than 95% of the cases out there. make's you wondering what the hell the designers at thermaltake are doing.
And the designers at Cooler Master. Why the hell did they ever deviate from the ATC designs? Those were so sexy. Now, it looks like CM is trying to out-rice Tt. :(

Best. Case. Ever.
Feet with slightly more composure, finer mesh, and 120s on the top, front and back.
You could make a lot of money with this design... keep it safe ;)
If you want to follow the Gods of case design go to Silverstone, if you feel sorry for Coolermaster (they're cases can only inevitably go down hill), then go to them.

TR0GD0RtheBURNiNAT0R said:
And the designers at Cooler Master. Why the hell did they ever deviate from the ATC designs? Those were so sexy. Now, it looks like CM is trying to out-rice Tt. :(
The designers who left CM and made Silverstone designed those cases. Now whether those idea are the property of Silverstone or CM I dont know, but CM must be off their nut if they own those designs and they arent building them.

How does the stacker handle airflow if all of the front bays are full? What about pulling air from the bottom of the case?

To hold HDDs in the stacker they have 4 in 3 modules (a module that holds 4 HDDs, which takes up 3 5-1/4 inch bays). In the front of these modules, behind the mesh and infront of the HDDs is a mounted 120mm fan.

Heres yer bezel in high gloss finish, will put up a brushed alum one later.
bezel.jpg

uzor said:
How does the stacker handle airflow if all of the front bays are full? What about pulling air from the bottom of the case?

you could remove the mesh on the bottom of the case, slam some fans over it.

thats the nice thing about the new revision, 120mm on top instead of 80mm and room for 4 120's or even 140's on the side panel.

That alum render looks pretty sharp. What'd you use to make it?

rhino and povray.
If you decide to submit your design to a case company, i'll do a full render for you.

Well, I cant say I would be able to buy your case, but heck, that is PERFECT. Lots of bays are a must nowadays and for petes sake some of these expensive stacker cases are SO hideous.

Love the mesh, but couldnt you make it a tighter mesh to not show off the fans/drives right inside it?

DaRkF0g said:
Heh I was going to say It reminds me of a cheese grater.

The G5 it is not....I do agree that there might be a better mesh we could put on it, tho.

When I mentioned earlier the possibility of pulling air from the bottom of the case, I meant the floor, not the lower front. The feet should keep it up off the floor/table/whatever enough to keep an airway clear, I would think. That would still allow for airflow should all the front bays be full (unlikely as it would be for most people).

I think I might play with case interiors tonight or tomorrow, when I have a little more time.

Ok guys, you need to get this straight. Most of the guys that worked on the ATCS projects are still working on the new CM cases (I believe it was only one that left for Silverstone, does that make the whole team?).

Mr. Miyagi said:
Ok guys, you need to get this straight. Most of the guys that worked on the ATCS projects are still working on the new CM cases (I believe it was only one that left for Silverstone, does that make the whole team?).

I don't know where you got your information from. But everyone in the case industry knows (even CM's own senior management knows) that the former ATCS team is now at Silverstone. I think we can clearly see this fact in the design and styling offered by the two companies in their new products.

tonyou said:
I don't know where you got your information from. But everyone in the case industry knows (even CM's own senior management knows) that the former ATCS team is now at Silverstone. I think we can clearly see this fact in the design and styling offered by the two companies in their new products.

Actually, I got my info from some of the guys at Cooler Master. You can check here and here. Read what Bigbadbns said. He's product manager for cases and PSUs for CM.

Back