If there is dog / cat hair, does it matter how big your CPU cooler is?

To slightly change the subject, what about the fan of your PSU?

The PSU would have a metal mesh wire to block any big dust particle. Beyond that, would be the air filter from the PC case.

Knowing the above, can any hamster fur, dog / cat hair still goes in to the PSU cooling fan? If so, would it stuck at the axle of the PSU cooling fan and eventually stop the fan from rotating? I never seen the inside of a PSU, so I won't know.

P.S. I ask all these because of a friend at SPCA needs to setup a server

Air movement around the centre of the fan is still the same if it's in a PSU or not.

I find that if you grate your hamster against the metal grill it not only gets hair inside the PSU but the hamster doesnt like it.
So I wouldnt do that.

If your surroundings are dirty enough that stray hairs are abundant in the air and get inside your PC I recommend having some pride and sorting it out.

To slightly change the subject, what about the fan of your PSU?

The PSU would have a metal mesh wire to block any big dust particle. Beyond that, would be the air filter from the PC case.

Knowing the above, can any hamster fur, dog / cat hair still goes in to the PSU cooling fan? If so, would it stuck at the axle of the PSU cooling fan and eventually stop the fan from rotating? I never seen the inside of a PSU, so I won't know.

P.S. I ask all these because of a friend at SPCA needs to setup a server
Your friend at the SPCA just needs to have a maintenance schedule to go along with running a computer in that environment. Periodically taking the machine apart and dusting it out with a blower will keep it happy.

Alternatively, try to set the machine up in a location less likely to ingest hair. Such as an office where animals don't go. Preferably high up off the ground. It'll still probably need periodic cleaning, but not as often.

Since you guys said pet hair cannot get into the center of the fan, then why would co. like Cooler master, Noctuca made a dual fan CPU cooler? Surely 1 fan is enough to cool the CPU, do we seriously need 2 x 14 cm / 15 cm fan to cool a cpu?

Since you guys said pet hair cannot get into the center of the fan, then why would co. like Cooler master, Noctuca made a dual fan CPU cooler? Surely 1 fan is enough to cool the CPU, do we seriously need 2 x 14 cm / 15 cm fan to cool a cpu?
Static pressure loss. Not pet hair redundancy.

Reactions: Nenu
like this
As VanGoph stated.
Overclockers want all the cooling they can get, thats who these fans are marketed at.
The Dual fan Noctua DH14 blurb says "ultimate quiet cooling performance"
It would be quieter with one fan and a little bit less effective. The extra fan is to eke out the last bit of performance.
You are in one of the major overclocking forums and this is the first time you have heard of this?
Reading product descriptions before asking is helpful.

since when do they over clock w/ fan? whenever they really overclock, they use radiator, pump, and liquid to overclock their gig.

Noctua is for nomral clock speed. I'm using noctua dual fan

since when do they over clock w/ fan? whenever they really overclock, they use radiator, pump, and liquid to overclock their gig.

Noctua is for nomral clock speed. I'm using noctua dual fan
No.

The stock Intel/AMD cooler is for normal clock speeds.

People overclock on big air all the time. Water isn't a necessity for overclocking.

enough with the fucking troll questions! you've been here long enough to know all this shit. im done playing along.

Reactions: Nenu
like this
Back