If The Internet Becomes A Public Utility, You’ll Pay More Taxes

I don't know a single person that considers DSL, cellular internet or no internet even remotely acceptable. You're being ridiculous, rudy.

it isn't acceptable keeping the speed lows allows the company to make a lot of money from these crappy speeds, guess the question that needs to be discuss and a honest one is if the internet becomes a public service what makes people think they will increase the speed of the internet or will we be stuck with what we have now?

I don't know a single person that considers DSL, cellular internet or no internet even remotely acceptable. You're being ridiculous, rudy.

DSL / Uverse exists there are clearly millions of Americans who buy DSL over cable to save money otherwise ATT would simply close up shop in those markets. There are also millions of Americans whom rely solely on their cell phone for all personal internet. And only 81% of Americans were counted as internet users as of 2012 meaning 19% were not. Mooching Wi-Fi is also a way to get around and some people do that.

I never said I would be in on this but then again I pay for cable internet and deal with it. But you seem to not realize that there was once a time when Americans would actually make sacrifices to get ahead or prove a point. Sometimes that sacrifice means going without, or inconveniencing yourself. It is really not that different than saying going without a car is not reasonable. Yet some people do it and pull it off and it motivates some car companies to create products that are lower cost to try to get some of those people whom otherwise would not buy one.

Back