If the G-SYNC Monitor of Your Choice Goes on Sale...

If the gsync monitor of your choice goes on sale over the holidays, which one would it be and at what price? (please include why and lets keep the price reasonable)

I've been gaming on a Korean 27" IPS that can do 86hz before frame skipping. It has worked great for several years but I've been getting into playing more competitively in the game I mostly play (planetside 2) and am looking for an upgrade.

Its been hard trying to pick between the TN and IPS panels out there, mainly been considering Dell's 27" and wanted to hear other peoples idea's/wants.

I've got a PG278q, and the only step from there is the PG279q.

...And as soon as I upgrade, they'll announce an OLED version. Thank me later :p

I'm holding out for a reasonably priced G-Sync, 4K, IPS or PVA screen that is small enough to fit on my desk (and possibly two of them). I think it will be a few years.

I've had my eye on the Acer Z35. I wouldn't recommend it for most, as the PPI is too low for most desktop usage. But as I sit with my head about 3.5-4 feet from my monitor in my obutto, it should be just fine for my purposes. It pains me to think about upgrading to a display now, though, with HDR and OLED around the corner.

If I was replacing the Korean monitor entirely (as in not using it anymore), PG279Q or XB271HU.

If I was keeping the said monitor, PG278Q or PG248Q.

ASUS PG348Q, for me, at the same price or less. If I could grab a BNISB one for $800 USD I'd buy it without hesitation.

They use the same panel and I have had good luck with ASUS in the past, but two things are making me lean toward Acer on this one. Many of the recent reviews seem to point to improvements in Acers assembly and QA processes. The second is that these refurbs seem to be equally good efforts and not just going through the moves to resell earlier units that weren't as well made. It just seems like they are really putting effort into improving their product and doing what they can, given what they have to work with, to give their customers a happy face.

Back