If I put a speaker close to the tower would that be bad for the HDD's ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
I'm going to get new desk soon and was thinking of putting my tower on the desk and it would be close to one my speakers on the left about 3-6'' inches (or more not sure yet) away from the HDD's that are in the tower. My speaker setup is just a simple 2.0, they are the Creative Inspire T10 10 Watts RMS 2.0 Speaker System they pack a pretty good punch when I turn up the volume. I wanted to ask first here if because of the bass and the vibes it will create could negatively impact my HDD's when it's reading and writing . I've not bought the desk yet waiting to see what kind of responses I'll get and I'm not sure what the distances yet. thanks

Will have zero impact.
I have a ridiculous hifi and my PC is directly in the firing line of one speaker.
My PVR satellite box is on my subwoofer and has been for years.
Never a problem.

if it does I would recommend listening to your sound system from a reinforced concrete bunker at least 40 miles from the site

this large speaker has no affect on the 8 hard drives in this case,
haf-932.jpg

this was playing kinda loud but you can't really tell on the phone,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zauz6ItsHOk

Ok, I was going to put the tower behind the left speaker a couple inches to maybe few. Well I won't worry then.

Looks like Zepher needs an ashtray for newyear, or a soldering mat :)

Looks like Zepher needs an ashtray for newyear, or a soldering mat :)

lol, I don't smoke in the house anymore, that machine has never seen smoke, and I stained that desk black earlier this year since the room was painted dark gray and almost everything else in there is black.

That looks pretty sweet! It's one or two glossy orange stripes away from awesome. :)

I use my new garage cubicle setup more though (10-14 hours a day), the triple screen setup is mainly a file server now.

cubicle-updated.jpg

Back