If I build computers to resell, where do we buy windows 10 pro?

People are aware Microsoft have spies that buy PC's off builders and check the history of the keys used to activate the OS?

https://www.crn.com.au/news/victori...after-selling-windows-pirated-software-461142

Leaked product keys are those keys sold on [H] and anywhere else that supplies Windows keys for $20 - $40.00, you cannot legally purchase Windows for $20 - $40.00 to onsell to an unsuspecting customer as a genuine and licensed product. There is a difference between activation and what is legal.

You probably won't get caught, but are you willing to risk that you could?
So you are saying Amazon is allowing pirated keys to be sold? I got mine for 25.00. This one even "Ships from Amazon" and is $29.00:
https://www.amazon.com/Windows-Digi...ords=windows+10+pro+key&qid=1611774992&sr=8-4

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You sound like you'd be surprised amazon would sell shady and/or flat out illegal goods.

Also per your link its shipped by Amazon, sold by "Derrick Henderson" seems legit /s
Sounds very, very legit. Like out of the back of a van speakers!

Well...Yes.

Does this surprise you? Is Amazon a certified Microsoft reseller?
Fair enough. I see it as the same as walking into Best Buy and buying a product really cheaply. That's on Best Buy, not me.
I also checked my Windows license version using the Windows Command line:

slmgr /dli

It spit out that it was RETAIL, not OEM, MSDN, or Volume.

MSlicense.PNG

Fair enough. I see it as the same as walking into Best Buy and buying a product really cheaply. That's on Best Buy, not me.
I also checked my Windows license version using the Windows Command line:

slmgr /dli

It spit out that it was RETAIL, not OEM, MSDN, or Volume.

View attachment 323498
Of course it does, retail keys can be passed from machine to machine easier than OEM keys. You see the issue is, you can't see the history of that key - Microsoft can.

Of course it does, retail keys can be passed from machine to machine easier than OEM keys. You see the issue is, you can't see the history of that key - Microsoft can.
The point is that in the EU or as an EU citizen, it's perfectly legal to pass retail keys around, as long as the key is used in the way it was bought--such as a single use key. MS has no idea who I am. It's not GREY MARKET over there. MS has to honor that ruling according to EU laws. That's probably why they haven't done anything about OEM keys being sold or anything else. It already gone to the 9th Circuit Court in the US and the 9th upheld MS right to own a key even after they have sold it -- for the original owner only.

The only problem is that the court never explained why you can resell any other product you buy, such as books, computers, manuals, and anything else, and that's the weakness of their ruling. Imagine if the same rule applied to cars? MS knows that if it goes to the US Supreme Court, they're gonna lose. So, they're not pushing it.

As far as my key goes, it's retail, it works, and it should work forever because retail keys are one computer only.

The point is that in the EU or as an EU citizen, it's perfectly legal to pass retail keys around, as long as the key is used in the way it was bought--such as a single use key. MS has no idea who I am. It's not GREY MARKET over there. MS has to honor that ruling according to EU laws. That's probably why they haven't done anything about OEM keys being sold or anything else. It already gone to the 9th Circuit Court in the US and the 9th upheld MS right to own a key even after they have sold it -- for the original owner only.

The only problem is that the court never explained why you can resell any other product you buy, such as books, computers, manuals, and anything else, and that's the weakness of their ruling. Imagine if the same rule applied to cars? MS knows that if it goes to the US Supreme Court, they're gonna lose. So, they're not pushing it.

As far as my key goes, it's retail, it works, and it should work forever because retail keys are one computer only.
Possibly.

It's one thing to reuse your own retail key, in fact there's nothing illegal about it provided it isn't installed on two machines at the same time. It's another thing to flog your retail key off to a customer as a certified Microsoft product knowing only too well the history of the key used doesn't reflect that fact.

No different to buying a new car with a second hand engine under the assumption the car is all 'brand new'.

I was told to go here to this forum to find legit Windows 10 Pro keys for cheap. The guy listed in the 2nd post is what I am trying to get a Windows 10 Pro key.

I just bought a windows 10 Pro key for 11.99 USD from one of those sites that sell bazillion keys. So now I am looking for a cheaper source lol.

$8 USD is a great price!

I also got a key from ebay but that turned our messed up. the seller vanished and gave me a Entreprise key that did not work. So I contacted Paypal for refund lol. Waiting for my 2.99 Euros back. No more Ebay for me. I was using ebay for like years because they are the cheapest and usually work but this time it was messed up so I am turning to this forum for less headache

I was told to go here to this forum to find legit Windows 10 Pro keys for cheap. The guy listed in the 2nd post is what I am trying to get a Windows 10 Pro key.

I just bought a windows 10 Pro key for 11.99 USD from one of those sites that sell bazillion keys. So now I am looking for a cheaper source lol.

$8 USD is a great price!

I also got a key from ebay but that turned our messed up. the seller vanished and gave me a Entreprise key that did not work. So I contacted Paypal for refund lol. Waiting for my 2.99 Euros back. No more Ebay for me. I was using ebay for like years because they are the cheapest and usually work but this time it was messed up so I am turning to this forum for less headache
So you didn't read this thread?

I just found that out recently...I have a legit W7 to W10 upgrade key which works fine on multiple machines (not used at the same time)...but I have 1 older WD mechanical hard drive and the key would not activate after I recently did a complete system hardware upgrade...everything still works fine but I get that 'Activate Windows' watermark on the bottom right of the screen
You can go into the activation troubleshooter and it will give you a number to call to activate over the phone after you tell it you changed hardware.

Back