If BD's problems remain, will we see a new socket for Piledrive?

teletran8

2[H]4U
BD seems to have multiple problems running on the backbone of AM3. I remember reading that BD needed wider pin holes for voltage reasons. Yet all it seemed to do was the opposite they wanted and push more voltage/power consumption instead of keep it in check/performance.

It also seems that the BD bios is flakey ...leads to unoptimized performance people saying it runs better on Windows 8 and Linux vs current WIn 7? Why? (is there to much to address with BD or the socket? Something is fishy here! :p)

But people on these forums say their AM3 chips work perfect in AM3+ so is it BD that gives mobo's these problems or do they need a new socket more than a cpu revision/stepping? Have there been any AM3+ boards release a bios updates that have helped peoples problems yet?

I would like to know what the problem is with BD, and what AMD is going to do to fix it for good. I want some DETAILS AMD!!

Oh yeah AMD laid off 1400 people when they AMD actually increased their last quarter earnings, seriously? AMD's CPU/management department seems to be nosediving like crazy if you ask me.

I do not think the socket is the problem however I also think it was a bad move to retain backward compatibility this time because that prevents forward compatibility with more memory channels or the on processor GPU.

I do not think the socket is the problem however I also think it was a bad move to retain backward compatibility this time because that prevents forward compatibility with more memory channels or the on processor GPU.

Yeah BD got its butt handed to them when it comes to memory bandwidth. They need work in that department.

These FUD treads are getting ridiculous, and they all seem to be started by a handful of noob-gawd level posters who all repeat the same thing (flaky BIOS, bad CPUs, etc).

These FUD treads are getting ridiculous, and they all seem to be started by a handful of noob-gawd level posters who all repeat the same thing (flaky BIOS, bad CPUs, etc).

I wish we had some confirmation of what's wrong from AMD. I'd rather read more "How fast can we get this puppy to run!" than the doomsday posts. But since the majority of us that own these chips can't get our programs to execute properly, well the vocal ones of us, this is all we have to read.

Comon there's not much FUD to it, BD gets whooped in CB 11.5 and games by 1090t.

I'd like to know more about FM2/PD, I guess we'll see Q1 if we're lucky. I say roll out AM4 if it lets BD surpass PII in benchs. We just need to move forward from BD it's a nightmare IMO. And no one knows shit from AMD apparently.

Comon there's not much FUD to it, BD gets whooped in CB 11.5 and games by 1090t.

Um, not really about CB 11.5

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1741/11/

http://www.lostcircuits.com/mambo//...task=view&id=95&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=8

Also, people on XS are getting close to 9 with BD overclocked. 1090t or 1100t can't hit the high clocks BD can.

Pretty sure you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, like the majority of the dipshits who come to this forum.

Um, not really about CB 11.5

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1741/11/

http://www.lostcircuits.com/mambo//...task=view&id=95&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=8

Also, people on XS are getting close to 9 with BD overclocked. 1090t or 1100t can't hit the high clocks BD can.

Pretty sure you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, like the majority of the dipshits who come to this forum.

Your link. Your words. Dipshit.

cinebench-one-core.jpg

Your link. Your words. Dipshit.

Really? That's on one core. On 8 cores BD outperforms K10.5. When the fuck are you going to render on one core? Please explain to me who would buy a CPU for rendering and then proceed to only run it on one core? I'm using Blender and rendering AT THIS VERY SECOND and I can assure you I'm using every thread this computer has. If I could have one that was slower per core but had more cores, thus making it overall faster, I would. That's exactly how it is with BD.

This is cherry picking bullshit. Really man it's like saying a render farm server with 4 8 core CPUs is a piece of shit because when you run it on one thread it scores lower than gaming desktop CPU. The 4 octocore is going to out render the desktop CPU any day.

You clearly don't understand the point of rendering, you should probably stop posting before I make you look like a bigger idiot. Just a thought.

Back