If AT&T buys T-Mobile...

I will change wireless carriers.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djstarfox

Gawd
Just curious what y'all are going to do if the deal goes through.

Last edited:
Well I am currently using Walmart Family Mobile which runs off the Tmo network.. So if that changes then I will loose 3g data & will most likely change carriers.

If they buy T-Mobile then I'll be staying on AT&T because they'll be the largest carrier offering the widest variety of phones and in 2012, when 4G is of greater importance, the largest 4G network.

I don't get why people are freaking out and leaving T-mobile because of this (see front page thread). If AT&T buys T-mobile I'll leave if the service or price isn't acceptable. Until then I'll stay with them. There's no reason to run around screaming that the sky is falling when it isn't.

I'm on Verizon and plan on keeping them unless something bad happens to me or them in terms of pricing, customer service and/or cell coverage. If that happens, then I'll be going to Sprint, so I'm pretty much directly unaffected by it. Seems like Verizon is going to have the largest and fastest 4G/LTE network in no time, so that's a good incentive to stay too.

I don't get why people are freaking out and leaving T-mobile because of this (see front page thread). If AT&T buys T-mobile I'll leave if the service or price isn't acceptable. Until then I'll stay with them. There's no reason to run around screaming that the sky is falling when it isn't.

OMG a calm, level headed, common sense post about AT&T buying T-Mobile..

True there is no reason to have panic in the streets, but a lot of people, including me, left AT&T.
Tmo's pricing was what I was after, plus they have treated me decent. I had a lot of issues with AT&T which prompted me to leave.
I'm sure it will be a matter of time after they purchase Tmo that crummy service will be the norm in my area.

I said no because I'm on Sprint therefore not directly affected.

That said I am still miffed at Sprint and their pathetic excuse for 4G, the fact that their 3G is outdone by a cup on a string, and the fact that I've been bumped down to Premier Silver instead of being grandfathered into Gold since I was technically getting Gold benefits prior. So I guess you could say I'll be waiting and seeing who wants my money after the dust settles. If data caps ever become a reality for me on Sprint, that's definitely going to be strike three with them, and I will be seeking out my options.

I'd probably stay. I looked at Verizon and Sprint's prices, and it looks like I'd be paying the same I am now for a worse plan (less talk time, unlimited text/data). So as long as ATT doesn't force me to change my plan, that is.

I might jump from Verizon to Sprint (Evo 3D) or T-M (Sensation) but won't make a decision until mid to late summer.

Verizon FTW. I use to have AT&T but switched. Haven't a single issue yet. Well except for the hole in my wallet, but still worth it.

Probably go back to Sprint.

Edit: Never post when on the phone. Holy fucking ramble

Last edited:
I am on AT&T, and under contract for another year. After that year I'm going to be looking for a carrier that allows tethering. I don't use a lot of data, but I would like to be able to share the little data that I do use (< 3GB typically) with my iPad when I'm out of town.

Back