IEEE/MSDNAA 2 copies of Win7 pro for $32

Yesterday night, I gave my child a box full of Oreo cookies to eat after dinner. To my surprise he finished the whole box when he was only suppose to have one or tow and now I'm going to ground him.

Get it?

I don't, which side are you arguing for? MS isn't punishing the people that grabbed as many licenses as they could (or were entitled to), neither is ACM/IEEE, so it's not exactly an accurate analogy either...

The only ones being punished are those that weren't able to take advantage of the deal, and the only people they have to blame are those that weren't students and tried to game the system, period.

This will be my last response on the topic, 'cause we're getting way off...

BUT

If you notice, MS did not offer us 8 keys each. They offered ONE key in each language. That's a courtesy to students that may prefer a non-English version. I'm guessing that if you access the MS Academic program directly, not through ACM or IEEE, you probably don't get 8 licenses... ??

When I mentioned "abusing" the system, I was further addressing those who have blatantly admitted to joining ACM for one bundle of keys, then still joining IEEE for another bundle of keys.

When I said "illegal", I was referring to those who are obviously trying to profit from the program.
These licenses are non-transferable and not for resale. Period. So unless you have 20+ computers at home that all need OS upgrades, then you are violating the Terms of Use.

OK, I've said my piece. Have a great day everyone, and enjoy! :)

This will be my last response on the topic, 'cause we're getting way off...

BUT

If you notice, MS did not offer us 8 keys each. They offered ONE key in each language. That's a courtesy to students that may prefer a non-English version. I'm guessing that if you access the MS Academic program directly, not through ACM or IEEE, you probably don't get 8 licenses... ??

When I mentioned "abusing" the system, I was further addressing those who have blatantly admitted to joining ACM for one bundle of keys, then still joining IEEE for another bundle of keys.

When I said "illegal", I was referring to those who are obviously trying to profit from the program.
These licenses are non-transferable and not for resale. Period.

You sir, are 100% correct and have hit the nail on the head.

would this be any different then a msdnaa subscription(no home or media center xp iso's)? I need a place to get a clean set of home iso's?

Back