IE7 Final - does your site render properly now?

doh said:
Mine does now! Yay! http://lisa.thedoh.com/site Before 7 final it rendered very poorly. Too bad IE7 fails Acid2.

Mine had always rendered correctly...thanks to hacks. :p

However, now that IE7 is out, I'm ditching writing code that will display under IE6. I don't bother supporting junky browsers.

And finally, background-attachment: fixed works~! Unfortunately, it seems arbitrary hover still makes it throw up, at least on Eric Meyer's CSS popups page. Unless I'm mistaken.

mine always worked fine. i never use hacks. over the years, i've spent many hair ripping hours getting very familiar with writing CSS so that both IE6 and other browsers render it correctly.

mikeblas said:
What browser passes Acid2?

Opera version 9.x, Mac Safari 2.02, newer versions of Konqueror.

Firefox v3 nightlies are getting very close to passing it.

So that covers, about, what, 1% of the market?

doh said:
Mine does now! Yay! http://lisa.thedoh.com/site Before 7 final it rendered very poorly. Too bad IE7 fails Acid2.

My site is mostly an index page and a bunch of TCs, so it doesn't count as a site in this perspective. Still though, most pages I mark up are XHTML ( XML with the XHTML namespace served as application/xhtml+xml or .xhtml extension for local files), which IE& (just like IE6) doesn't support.

I read that the IE devs didn't feel it was safe to add XHTML support at this time and I respect that, but IE7 still is not useful for what I want it for.

There is still a huge lack of DOM support, but in general, any update to IE7 is good news.

mikeblas said:
and you figured that.. how?

IE has dropped way below the 90% mark

and with a flaw found in IE7 on the day it was released, why would anyone trust MS and the web?
www.ie7.com

mikeblas said:
dude, quit making stuff up.. its more like 2% :p

this is a joke people

IE7 actually BROKE my menus... they worked fine in IE6 and FF, but now, mousing over the UL element does nothing, you have to mouse over the text in the element

eeyrjmr said:
and with a flaw found in IE7 on the day it was released, why would anyone trust MS and the web?

Actually, that expoit was known since APRIL

It just so happens that a press release went out about it the day IE was released.

I'm sure it was just coincidence, though :D

eeyrjmr said:

Actually, that expoit was known since APRIL

It just so happens that a press release went out about it the day IE was released.

I'm sure it was just coincidence, though :D

eeyrjmr said:
www.ie7.com

The flaw is in Outlook Express, not IE7. Still an MS flaw though.

Try running the "IE Exploit" on a machine without Outlook Express. Hmmm, fails every time.

Back