IE11 Enterprise Mode - Anyone ever used it?

exchange keys

Limp Gawd
Some info: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/...enterprise-mode-for-internet-explorer-11.aspx

All my workstations are Win8.1 Pro and IE11. Some websites require to be part of the Compatibility Mode list. The only way I was able to do this (across the domain) was through Group Policy Preferences (adding Current User registry key with websites). This works well, but it's annoying when I need to add another website every time...

I found out about IE11 Enterprise Mode, and I think it might work better. I was wondering if anyone has tried it on their own domain yet?

Yes we have been testing it and it works well. Instead of updating a GPO you just update the site list which we store on a file server that everyone can read from.

I believe we are testing it out on a small scale, but it definitely looks promising to help eliminate our wide range of required versions of IE.
We have everywhere from 8-11 deployed, depending on the sections requirements.

I believe we are testing it out on a small scale, but it definitely looks promising to help eliminate our wide range of required versions of IE.
We have everywhere from 8-11 deployed, depending on the sections requirements.

That's where we are also. And I get so sick of IE9 just deciding to switch over to 64 bit mode for no apparent reason....

I will be testing this soon.

I will be using the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager, and saving the file as an XML file to a network share my users can access (UNC). I ended up going with the following Group Policy: User Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > internet Explorer > "Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list". I might allow a certain security group of users access to enable websites through Enterprise Mode, but I haven't decided on that yet.

Any reported issues thus far?

Wow they're at 11 now?

Still stuck using 6 at work and lot of stuff wont work in Firefox. Having no tabbed browsing sucks.

I will be testing this soon.

I will be using the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager, and saving the file as an XML file to a network share my users can access (UNC). I ended up going with the following Group Policy: User Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > internet Explorer > "Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list". I might allow a certain security group of users access to enable websites through Enterprise Mode, but I haven't decided on that yet.

Any reported issues thus far?

I actually haven't had a single issue with IE11. Other than sites not loading until I put them on the enterprise site list but after that it's golden.

Glad i saw this thread maybe our legacy apps will work in this mode and can finally upgrade from IE9. Hopefully the new IE11 STIGs won't force it to be so locked down that Enterprise Mode doesn't function. DOD secure networks are such a pain to keep functional and still maintain compliance.

Back