IE Not Remembering Usernames & Passwords ...???

vilhiem

Weaksauce
For some odd reason ... my system no longer seems to retain usernames and passwords, for things like Facebook, etc.

Is this a memory issue, battery issue, or something else ...?

Probably a security setting. Go to Tools->Internet Options and on the general tab if you have the "Delete browsing history on exit" box checked, make sure that favorites pages are excluded by clicking the 'Delete' button and making sure the topmost button is checked. If you do not have the 'Delete browsing history on exit' box checked at all, then I would check settings for your AV program to make sure those haven't changed to include the removal of all temp data.

Also, remember that the site has to be a favorite for it to maintain the data if auto-delete is turned on.

thanks ... so I tried that ... but it didn't work.

turned my computer backon this morning and I had to re-log back in the HardForum, Facebook, etc.

Does the setting under Internet Options >> Securtiy >> Custom Level >> User Aurthentication make a difference. I had it set on logon only for intranet.

Thanks!

Why are you letting the browser save the password? Get with the times and get something like Last Pass. If you are not old and senile you should be able to pick up this app fairly easily. It rocks!

https://lastpass.com/

The browser can screw up all it wants. Lastpass will still work. You can even share passwords from IE, to firefox to Android, etc.

I recommend and use last pass (for over 200 online accounts) however after they were hacked this year I would not save any bank or other financial accounts on any site.

Back