IE help SIgh.. =*(

Spike23

Limp Gawd
Hey guys i need help with an IE issue.
My dad's rig "IE" runs slow for his banking stuff. It only allows IE to be used.
What i need help from the community is anything i can do to speed things up in IE? My dad's rig is a P4 3ghz 512DDR400. The motherboard is ASUS P4PS800 SIS.
I am really curious as to what the problem is. It works fine on my com i got a different motherboard though.
Does anyone think this is a motherboard issue? I even reformatted my dad's com many times and now running Win2000. I tried installing WInxp and it makes things even worst. I did all updates etc. Its driving me up the wall.

Soooo....
Your asking, what can be slowing down my father's online experience with IE? IE runs fine on your box(you dont use it) but not on his box?

OK, well heres a few ideas:
1. his internet connection is slower? Can I assume you use the same internet connection? I'm old, I no longer live with my father, do you?
2. next step in the internet chain would be NIC card. Latest drivers? I assume you already have them.
3. If his banking can ONLY be done over IE, and it is a secure connection, it may be server side. Is all his web surfing slow, or just his banking?
4. Has he updated IE and downloaded the 128 bit encryption plug in?

Anyway it doesnt seem like a mobo issue unless the drivers for the nic or modem(which one?)(onboard?) werent supported by win2k or win xp...

Phaedrus said:
Soooo....
Your asking, what can be slowing down my father's online experience with IE? IE runs fine on your box(you dont use it) but not on his box?

OK, well heres a few ideas:
1. his internet connection is slower? Can I assume you use the same internet connection? I'm old, I no longer live with my father, do you?
2. next step in the internet chain would be NIC card. Latest drivers? I assume you already have them.
3. If his banking can ONLY be done over IE, and it is a secure connection, it may be server side. Is all his web surfing slow, or just his banking?
4. Has he updated IE and downloaded the 128 bit encryption plug in?

Anyway it doesnt seem like a mobo issue unless the drivers for the nic or modem(which one?)(onboard?) werent supported by win2k or win xp...

Well to answer #1 yea i live with my parents still lol, i too young and broke. #2 Question umm well i am using the mobo lan provided. #3 Yea like everything IE is slow it doesn't load fast, we got good connection too using cable. #4 well i updated everything for Win2k is there a problem with the plug in for 128? I think that is installed. I just don't get the problem, because i log on from my computer and IE is super fast. I even took my dad's com and hooked it up in my room and used the connection there its fine. We are using a router. His connection is fine for say...using FIREFOX its super fast as it should. But once using IE for banking etc its slow as hell.?? I thought about it alot and i still don't know could it be the mobo lan? Should i swap a Linksys lan card in the PCI and using it from there. As for XP yea i didn;t bother installing that for now on my dad's com cuz after i install it and use IE its even slower =(

All you say is "USING IE FOR BANKING IS SLOWER"

Ever stop to think its server-side with the bank? Sounds like you're not browsing other sites.
Run several tests @ dslreports.com. Update all your drivers.. scan for spyware/adware.

I've never seen a website thats not compatible with Firefox.

Firefox's Bandwith Tester extension might be helpful. You could run it on both systems and uninstall it on his afterwards.

Or you could get him hooked and tell him he can still use IE for banking needs.

I've tried that bandwidth tester ext.. it was completely inaccurate for me, however.

Read above... clearly
The computer is reformated first of all its a clean install of Win2k. As highlight by the person on the #2 post. Its either a driver problem on my mobo lan or something.
Don't add needless crap like FIREFOX works with all banking etc. I am the one with the problem who are you tell me otherwise. I am not a computer moron. I know enough that it doesn't work or i wouldn't ask for positive advice.

RandysWay said:
All you say is "USING IE FOR BANKING IS SLOWER"

Ever stop to think its server-side with the bank? Sounds like you're not browsing other sites.
Run several tests @ dslreports.com. Update all your drivers.. scan for spyware/adware.

I've never seen a website thats not compatible with Firefox.
Dude plz read
Don't post if your gonna talk nonsense. I already stated its not. There is nothing wrong with the server side. It works on my computer perfectly. Everything is updated. Firefox has lots of site not compatible man.
Firstly TDwaterhouse banking the java for the tracker inside. You have to log on and use stocks. There is other many sites not compatible.

Spike23 said:
Dude plz read
Don't post if your gonna talk nonsense. I already stated its not. There is nothing wrong with the server side. It works on my computer perfectly. Everything is updated. Firefox has lots of site not compatible man.
Firstly TDwaterhouse banking there you go.There is more

Hmm? I think you're the one who’s talking nonsense. Go and read your posts.
I believe in order for you to tell somebody to not talk "nonsense;" you'll need to learn how to actually make sense of your posts... and learn how to use paragraphs, periods and grammar.

www.tdwaterhouse.com loads fine over here.

RandysWay said:
Hmm? I think you're the one who’s talking nonsense. Go and read your posts.
I believe in order for you to tell somebody to not talk "nonsense;" you'll need to learn how to actually make sense of your posts... and learn how to use paragraphs, periods and grammar.

www.tdwaterhouse.com loads fine over here.

Man..will you stop posting since you haven't helped.
Its not that site as in the link. Its inside the banking program that needs to be used. Its a java tracker. Damn what is your problem man, your posting when your clearly didn't give any advice. I rather hear opinions from Phaedrus. At least he isn't jacking my thread to tell me other things not related to my problem.

Spike23 said:
Its a java tracker.
um...

firefox does load java code...

im thinking:

have you downloaded the latest jre (java runtime enviroment)?

another thing.

you really need to chill out... now.

Thanks for all that replied. Phaedrus thanks for your suggestions. I think i got it fixed now. Asus SIS lan is really terrible it blocked the IE tracker for some java applications as well didn't load as fast. I got my Linksys lan card installed on my dad's rig now and everything is really smooth. I guess it really was the stinking lan built in on the board. Anyways i got nothing against anyone in here. Its just that some ppl decide to post things not really solving a problem. :(

chinoquezada said:
um...

firefox does load java code...

im thinking:

have you downloaded the latest jre (java runtime enviroment)?
Yea i did man =)
It just didn't let firefox launch the java in TDwaterhouse stock trackers.

Spike23 said:
Dude plz read
Firstly TDwaterhouse banking the java for the tracker inside. You have to log on and use stocks. There is other many sites not compatible.

Really? I said it loaded fine, not the actual banking.

I didnt help at all? Hmm... let's see:

RandysWay said:

Learn to read.

Maybe you should go through all the Firefox options with a fine-tooth comb.

If it's not software related, then I'd just use IE for banking and Firefox otherwise.

I have found a couple websites that don't work correctly with Firefox, and rather than figure out why I just go to IE for them. They are VERY few and far between though.

All I'm saying is its possible some websites don't work in Firefox, and do in I.E.

Back