IE 7 problem, must refresh every page

jblue42

Limp Gawd
I've got a small problem, I have to refresh every page I visit if I want to view the current page. It seems my PC is saving webpages I've visited and showing me the saved page, not the most recent. I changed a setting in IE 7 under the browsing history settings, Check for newer versions of stored pages: to "every time I visit the webpage." This didn't change anything... what's going on here?

well now it seems like its only one website, but eariler I could have sworn it was happening everywhere, like yahoo, and this forum...

Try this:

1. open IE7
2. Tools > Internet Options
3. General tab
4. Settings in Browsing History
5. make sure "Automatically" is ticked. If it is, then try "Every time I visit the webpage"

well now it seems like its only one website, but eariler I could have sworn it was happening everywhere, like yahoo, and this forum...

You may have fixed it for all the other sites when you enabled that option.

It's possible that the author of the web page has enabled caching. If the browser obeys the request, it will not refresh the page until the content expires. The expiration time is set by the author of the page. You can read more about it here.

Thanks guys, I guess it must be the website's cache policy. I'm using firefox right now and it is working fine, but I'd rather be using IE7, oh well. Thanks again

Back