identify this part please?... monitor problem - dell laptop 2614

itsGEE!

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if anyone could identify this part of a laptop. I'm trying to troubleshoot and narrow down what the problem is on my laptop. The laptop screen went out and I took about the bottom of the laptop to make sure nothing is loose or disconnected. I came across the piece that seems to be the problem.

Its a gateway MD2614u - AMD Turion X2 mobile processor RM-72 / 2.1 GHz ( Dual-Core )

The part goes right above the keyboard. When disconnected and reconnected, the monitor goes on for a split second, and then I get nothing. I'm trying to get a part number off of the small PCB board, but can't read anything. Thanks for any help in advanced guys!

2010-09-10%2019.14.47.jpg

2010-09-10%2019.15.45.jpg

its the inverter board that powers the back-light in the screen. If your screen has gone black or cuts in and out, this may be the problem. Ebay full of replacements, get a new back-light tube as well just to cover all the bases. (the back-light tube is a fluorescent requiring high voltage and this board ups the 12V or so to the couple of thousand needed to make the florescent tube work)

Make sure you shop around prices vary widely. A google of "Dell Inverter board "will get you started.

Last edited:
I just did a dell laptop, went on ebay and bought the FLV board for 9$ brand new on ebay :)

Back