I'd like to go 100% PC only but with the online cheating, u have to get console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny that this whole thread is based on a game the OP hasn't played yet.

I'll admit my first inclination is to agree that there might be numerically more cheaters on PC than consoles, though i'd wager the percentage based on total players is probably close to similar. Yeah big shock the official forums are full of threads complaining about cheaters. So is the same for every online game ever made.

But the real question is how often do you actually feel you come across it? I play a few games of OW on the PC almost every day and i never feel like i come across cheaters. I still think they're out there but i wouldn't switch to console for it.

Stuff like this will always come down to personal experience. Buy the game for the PC if thats where you want to play, if you come across a constant string of cheaters there, switch to the console.

Edit: sorry as for the actual topic. I deal with cheaters by reporting them and trying to avoid them if i see them as well as trying to use them as a means to up my game if possible. I've yet to come across a situation where it was so bad i actively stopped playing a game or switched to a new platform. The worst it's ever gotten is me switching to a new game for a week or so while the cheaters either get bored or placed out of my rank.

I find it funny that this whole thread is based on a game the OP hasn't played yet.

I'll admit my first inclination is to agree that there might be numerically more cheaters on PC than consoles, though i'd wager the percentage based on total players is probably close to similar. Yeah big shock the official forums are full of threads complaining about cheaters. So is the same for every online game ever made.

But the real question is how often do you actually feel you come across it? I play a few games of OW on the PC almost every day and i never feel like i come across cheaters. I still think they're out there but i wouldn't switch to console for it.

Stuff like this will always come down to personal experience. Buy the game for the PC if thats where you want to play, if you come across a constant string of cheaters there, switch to the console.

Edit: sorry as for the actual topic. I deal with cheaters by reporting them and trying to avoid them if i see them as well as trying to use them as a means to up my game if possible. I've yet to come across a situation where it was so bad i actively stopped playing a game or switched to a new platform. The worst it's ever gotten is me switching to a new game for a week or so while the cheaters either get bored or placed out of my rank.

Reporting cheaters doesn't always work as we can see with BF5, DICE don't give a crap about the PC players for BF5 nor BF1 which I did play BF1 on PC and saw many hackers. I'm currently playing Apex Legends on PC and it's great, as you can see from the link (I provided post #40) to the article Respawn Entertainment cares about the PC gaming community and banned 770,000 PC players for hacking with no mention of console players.

Last edited:
Can't remember the last time I've seen cheating online. Guess I'm just lucky.

Reporting cheaters doesn't always work as we can see with BF5, DICE don't give a crap about the PC players for BF5 nor BF1 which I did play BF1 on PC and saw many hackers. I'm currently playing Apex Legends on PC and it's great, as you can see from the link (I provided post #40) to the article Respawn Entertainment cares about the PC gaming community and banned 770,000 PC players for hacking with no mention of console players.

Forum threads are not proof of anything, goto any product(anything) page and you will see hundreds of reviews bashing the product for defects/problems issues. The thing is, yes cheating may be more rampant on pc, but in the last 22 years of pc gaming i have managed to avoid cheaters for the most part.

Factor in that pc gamers tend to be more vocal group with higher expectations than console gamers.

The only game i felt really had an issue was pubg.

The thing with the pc is the most popular online games have servers that you can choose to play on, pick a good one and you wont come across cheaters 99% of the time.

On console im stuck with a server the game picks, and theres a ton of cheaters on there too, as stated ive seen more cheaters on console in the last 10 years than pc. (Gta 5 is a prime example) any online scoreboard for a console game (thinking COD)...

You have control on the pc to play on a different server, whereas on a console you dont.

Sorry for grammer, spelling on my phone.

I don't see how console cheating can be widespread. They are closed systems. You can not edit the code of the game as is done with PC games.
People can not write nor run aim bots on Xbox or Playstation because the systems only read signed code.

I think there is good reason to believe that cheating on console is less than it would be in PC games.

So lets see, they can use some type of intermediary system to cause lag spikes and whatnot but this isn't exactly aim bots or mods that let you see through walls.

I don't see how console cheating can be widespread. They are closed systems. You can not edit the code of the game as is done with PC games.
People can not write nor run aim bots on Xbox or Playstation because the systems only read signed code.

I think there is good reason to believe that cheating on console is less than it would be in PC games.

So lets see, they can use some type of intermediary system to cause lag spikes and whatnot but this isn't exactly aim bots or mods that let you see through walls.

Well i did a quick google for "bf5 cheats ps4" the first result is selling aimbots aimed for the xbox and ps4, there are also video results from youtube of those aimbots in action...

Edit

Bit more checking, appears to be an invisibility cheat on ps4 bf5 atm.

Last edited:
Well i did a quick google for "bf5 cheats ps4" the first result is selling aimbots aimed for the xbox and ps4, there are also video results from youtube of those aimbots in action...
Oh hell. I was interested since I myself used to write software. Anyway from the site FAQ (it says what I'd assume)

E2) How to cheat in PlayStation Online / Multiplayer Games

As for hacking in online multiplayer games the most well know and easiest-to-use method are modded controllers: A modified PlayStation gamepad may be programmed to automatically generate user input, such as automatically firing weapons by holding down a button, automatically correcting weapon spread, automatically crouching/diving while shooting to maximize survival chance in shooters ect. However, a controller cannot include aimbots, aim assist, wallhacks ect, since it has no access to the game memory and therefore is unable to scan it for any objects.

Aside from hacked game controllers, cheating in PlayStatikon online multiplayer games is painfully hard on the newer console generations, such as the PS4 or PS4 Pro, since running unsigned / tampered code is impossible without having a hacked console and getting a console hacked is no small task indeed.

A lot of gamers are resorting to boosting and other cooperative methods to get around the rules, rank their accounts up quickly and farm unlocks by cooperating with other players and whole cheating clans that time their queues and by controlling every player in a match are trying to manipulate the outcome and systematically farm up their accounts.

Forum threads are not proof of anything, goto any product(anything) page and you will see hundreds of reviews bashing the product for defects/problems issues. The thing is, yes cheating may be more rampant on pc, but in the last 22 years of pc gaming i have managed to avoid cheaters for the most part.

Factor in that pc gamers tend to be more vocal group with higher expectations than console gamers.

The only game i felt really had an issue was pubg.

The thing with the pc is the most popular online games have servers that you can choose to play on, pick a good one and you wont come across cheaters 99% of the time.

On console im stuck with a server the game picks, and theres a ton of cheaters on there too, as stated ive seen more cheaters on console in the last 10 years than pc. (Gta 5 is a prime example) any online scoreboard for a console game (thinking COD)...

You have control on the pc to play on a different server, whereas on a console you dont.

Sorry for grammer, spelling on my phone.

Okay now your finally admitting there's more cheating PC ? OK thank you
I wouldn't even talk about COD on PC it's a hack fest, at the least it was before the current newest one which I don't know since they moved to Blizzard servers.

Yes I know using threads to show proof that there's more cheating on PC is not the best source to support a argument, but yet it's still there.

Problem these days companies like EA don't allow one to run/rent servers like you used like on BF4.

Some of you coming in this thread and saying it's never happened to them doesn't mean it's not going on. I've seen people cheat in PC but I've never experienced it on console yet I know it still exists on console to some degree.

Apex legends 770,000 PC banned in like first 3-4 months and then there's PUBG, there's many others but nuff said.

Last edited:
I haven't played console games in years, and I can count on one hand how many times I've encountered hacking (outside of GTA). Some games have horrible anticheat so it happens....but on that note I've seen plenty of modded controllers, keyboard and mouse mods for consoles, etc. and those peeps very rarely get banned.

Not saying it doesn't happen but the payoff of not having to pay to play online and being able to use keyboard and mouse for shooters is well worth it. There's a reason everyone in the competitive scene will play on PC over Console.

Counting how many people have been banned for cheating is not a good metric, especially on free games. I play a ton of overwatch and apex and have only encountered cheating maybe once or twice. It sucks when it happens buuuuuut not really a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back