I'd like to go 100% PC only but with the online cheating, u have to get console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzerok11

Gawd
So I love playing BF games online but I've got almost no choice but to buy a console. If you go to the official BF forums you'll see a thread their where people are cheating/hacking in BF5 and in the new Firestorm mode. I haven't bought anything yet but I can't stand cheaters and I don't mind playing with a controller. At least the makers behind the new Apex Legends game they are taking it seriously and banning people, they might not get everybody but they at least doing something about it. On the other hand EA don't seem to be doing squat about it.

I'd love to go 100% PC only and never buy a dam console again but in online games liker BF it seems like I don't have a choice. How do you guys deal with it when people are cheating in your favorite online games ?

I've had BO4 on PC since it released and have yet to run into any cheaters oddly enough and I'm several hundred hours into it.

Cheating isn't as rampant as you might think. I think a lot of people that scream "so and so is cheating" are people who get killed by "xyz" person over and over because that person is just better than them. If they beat you consistently, they have to be cheating right? I reserve judgement unless I see something in the game I know is virtually impossible without cheating.

For what it's worth, you can cheat on consoles as well. The days of their games being effectively read only and totally cheat proof are long gone.

Last edited:
I really believe that some people are just that good. I've played for years with people that were very skilled, if they were cheating they would have been caught at some point by the anti-cheat software. With a mouse and keyboard, you have significantly better control over the game, you're basically limited by your reflexes; the person that can point the mouse cursor at the target the fastest wins. Aiming with a gamepad is cumbersome in comparison, a mouse is a device designed for pointing and some people have perfected it.

Cheat better than the other guy
What's that phrase? "When in China."

So I love playing BF games online but I've got almost no choice but to buy a console. If you go to the official BF forums you'll see a thread their where people are cheating/hacking in BF5 and in the new Firestorm mode. I haven't bought anything yet but I can't stand cheaters and I don't mind playing with a controller. At least the makers behind the new Apex Legends game they are taking it seriously and banning people, they might not get everybody but they at least doing something about it. On the other hand EA don't seem to be doing squat about it.

I'd love to go 100% PC only and never buy a dam console again but in online games liker BF it seems like I don't have a choice. How do you guys deal with it when people are cheating in your favorite online games ?

Both BF and Apex legends are "EA" games so you would better blame the makers in the case of BF that would be Dice. One thing you could potentially do is avoid the fotm games which seem tp attract cheaters in droves.

But even if some companies are doing their best to combat cheaters they usually do so in waves to maximize impact and annoy the makers, if they ban the first cheater they see, the makers of those progs make an update and it's harder to find the rest.

Is this more about the BF5, EA or both as I never saw any cheating in BF4? I did see a memorable amount of cheating in BF3 though. Why does BF4 have less cheating I wonder?

Is this more about the BF5, EA or both as I never saw any cheating in BF4? I did see a memorable amount of cheating in BF3 though. Why does BF4 have less cheating I wonder?
Probably more to do with BFV because the developers have made it abundantly clear that they don't care about cheating. The only thing they really fixed recently was the old positive LOD trick, but that was because it got wide coverage in mainstream media.

As for BF4 I would think that they learned a lot from BF3, and this was back during a time when the developers actually still cared and had passion for their craft. These days the product is perfect when released and anyone who says otherwise are just entitled.

Cheating isn't as rampant as you might think. I think a lot of people that scream "so and so is cheating" are people who get killed by "xyz" person over and over because that person is just better than them. If they beat you consistently, they have to be cheating right? I reserve judgement unless I see something in the game I know is virtually impossible without cheating.

For what it's worth, you can cheat on consoles as well. The days of their games being effectively read only and totally cheat proof are long gone.

A lot of people on PC play with terrible settings and don't realize that it isn't the norm. And with their settings they can't possibly imagine someone playing as well as the people killing them. So they think they're cheating. On consoles you don't have nearly as big of a discrepancy in hardware and settings.

The biggest and most common issues are people playing at extremely low frame rates and using way too high mouse sensitivity.

I can count on one hand how many blatant cheaters I’ve run into over the past few years while PC gaming. Have there been more than I've noticed? Probably. But apparently they suck at cheating as well because they didn't make a difference in my games.

I think a more prevalent type of cheating is exploitation of in-game bugs, which I've run into more often, and is just as prevalent on console as it is on PC.

A lot of people on PC play with terrible settings and don't realize that it isn't the norm. And with their settings they can't possibly imagine someone playing as well as the people killing them. So they think they're cheating. On consoles you don't have nearly as big of a discrepancy in hardware and settings.

The biggest and most common issues are people playing at extremely low frame rates and using way too high mouse sensitivity.
"Terrible" is subjective. Some of us don't want to compromise the experience of the game just to improve our K/D ratio by 0.2. Mouse settings are also subjective. What you may think is too high may be perfectly comfortable for someone else. All other things being equal the skill gap is still going to exist.

I've had BO4 on PC since it released and have yet to run into any cheaters oddly enough and I'm several hundred hours into it.
Some of the streaks I see on killcam are so amazing. It is hard for me to believe these guys are not using some type of aim bot. Maybe they are legit but I find it hard to believe that humans are that fast.

What do you mean "terrible settings?" I'm not sure where you are going with this. If you mean to say that the settings are too high, resulting in low frame rates, then that could be an issue. I don't think that matters as much as some people believe.

"Terrible" is subjective. Some of us don't want to compromise the experience of the game just to improve our K/D ratio by 0.2. Mouse settings are also subjective. What you may think is too high may be perfectly comfortable for someone else. All other things being equal the skill gap is still going to exist.

Agreed. I've never believed in the school of thought that you need to play with low settings to be competitive. I personally think that frame rate consistency matters more than anything else. My rig produces 60FPS consistently at 4K with most if not all settings maxed out. I use frame rate caps or adaptive sync settings to ensure this. What people don't understand is that latency, frame rates, etc. are things you can adapt to so long as these values are consistent. I've seen high ping players do well in games so long as the ping is consistent. I best tons of people who run their mouths about their 144Hz displays. Why? Because my frame rates are consistent. You get used to it. I'm sure some of the people I play against in some games that are consistently better than me, run with settings I wouldn't like or run on rigs vastly inferior to mine. That skill gap is always going to be there. Sure, gear, unlocks and hardware configuration have an impact, but I think people over state this advantage.

Which, the hardware companies love because it gets gamers to invest in all kinds of nonsense.

I used to play online on the PC a while ago (Original COD Black Ops was my last time I believe). I lost interest the older I got, and now I mainly look for games that I can play against bots so I don't have to worry about cheating.

MP-FPS games make me kill kittens. Between my skill factor playing against amped up fourteen year olds on caffeine and Adderall and cheating I gave up. Nothing gets my heart going quicker than those type of games.

Honestly, I thought that I was getting too old or something to compete in those types of games. Then I made a few discoveries. I played the Unreal Tournament 4 beta, and it was like I was 20 again. I was at the top or near the top of the list every single time. I've tried Battlefield games and all kinds of other MP games with varying degrees of success. I never achieved the level of proficiency I had with the older arena shooters. I figured that part of the issue was not having time to unlock all the weapons in some of these games. While this does matter, somewhat, I found it, this wasn't really that big of a deal. I started putting time into playing Destiny 2's PvP mode as some of the exotic weapon quests require PvP steps. Originally, I was getting wrecked. I blamed gear and all kinds of crap. Over time, I improved dramatically. Even in competitive play. While I don't have all the pinnacle weapons, I can hold my own against just about anyone in that game now.

It isn't age. Its that these newer MP games have additional layers of complexity and nuances that must be learned. There is no substitute for putting your time in. This is the one area where the 14 year olds and teenagers do have an advantage. They've typically got more time to put into these games. Basically, it boils down to this: "Git gud scrub". That's grossly over simplifying the issue, but its really true when you get right down to it.

What do you mean "terrible settings?" I'm not sure where you are going with this. If you mean to say that the settings are too high, resulting in low frame rates, then that could be an issue. I don't think that matters as much as some people believe.

Agreed. I've never believed in the school of thought that you need to play with low settings to be competitive. I personally think that frame rate consistency matters more than anything else. My rig produces 60FPS consistently at 4K with most if not all settings maxed out. I use frame rate caps or adaptive sync settings to ensure this. What people don't understand is that latency, frame rates, etc. are things you can adapt to so long as these values are consistent. I've seen high ping players do well in games so long as the ping is consistent. I best tons of people who run their mouths about their 144Hz displays. Why? Because my frame rates are consistent. You get used to it. I'm sure some of the people I play against in some games that are consistently better than me, run with settings I wouldn't like or run on rigs vastly inferior to mine. That skill gap is always going to be there. Sure, gear, unlocks and hardware configuration have an impact, but I think people over state this advantage.

Which, the hardware companies love because it gets gamers to invest in all kinds of nonsense.

Getting extremely unstable low framerates because they turned the graphics up too high. It's more common than you think. There's people that will play at less than 30 fps with intense action dropping the framerate to single digits or less. If it's all you know exists you don't realize there's something wrong.

99% of people have their mouse sensitivity too high to have professional level aim. Yeah that's fine if you're a casual wrist aimer and are satisfied with being in the top 2%. But there are a lot of people with the mentality of "if I can't do it no one can". So they play one person good at sniping and think they've seen a hacker.

If you think there is no cheating on consoles then you are either willfully ignorant or blissfully naïve.

Just stop, your being ignorant yes their might be some cheating on consoles but everybody knows it pales in comparison to the cheating going on PC.

Some of the streaks I see on killcam are so amazing. It is hard for me to believe these guys are not using some type of aim bot. Maybe they are legit but I find it hard to believe that humans are that fast.

I've seen some very skilled players that you would think are cheating but are not, I've also seen some that hide cheating very well. with that said I still think people suck and cheating is very much alive and well today.

Don't know if you remember the Dice developer getting banned playing COD?

Something tells me Subzerok11 is going to find out everyone playing highly skilled games, such as Quake, is cheating. It's how the brain deals with defeat

That video of Drunkkz3 is pretty unreal. I hope those are his best streaks because constant performance like that kills the game.

I can't imagine any amount of cheating where I would want to play on a console over my PC. Even the current generation of consoles FPS and FOV actually make me nauseous playing and watching. You have to be blissfully ignorant to enjoy gaming on them... which is fine for them, I guess.

I can't imagine any amount of cheating where I would want to play on a console over my PC. Even the current generation of consoles FPS and FOV actually make me nauseous playing and watching. You have to be blissfully ignorant to enjoy gaming on them... which is fine for them, I guess.

Well I'm not that, I do have a legit gaming PC check specs, but having seen the tons of cheating on BF5 it's a huge turn off, plus I get the exclusives on the consoles. I've always been good with a controller so it don't bother me that much, but using a K/M is better for FPS.

When I played Qauke3 competitively ppl would blame me for cheating as well.
I would have to handicap myself against friend by only playing on keyboard... and still win.

Training makes a huge difference in response time and focus.

Just stop, your being ignorant yes their might be some cheating on consoles but everybody knows it pales in comparison to the cheating going on PC.
I don't have an opinion on that since I have never seen any data supporting that assertion.

I learned way back in the early Team Fortress days, if you don’t like cheaters, either find a private server or clan, or don’t play multiplayer.
I have seen plenty of cheaters on the consoles too.

I don't have an opinion on that since I have never seen any data supporting that assertion.

out her we see the very rare and very admirable forum animal.
its a genuine Fact-before-opnion-rus. Sadly in today modern age they have become close to instinct especially due to the aggressive invasion of the MY-opions-matter-always-saur and the Yelling-higher-when no-fact-soid in the premises of the online social networks

When I used to play these type of games it was pretty obvious when someone was cheating. You only had to spectate them and see their crosshairs jump to the targets head, or they are targeting someone through a wall.

I found with the advent of "matchmaking" and "progression systems" my interest decreased. I don't mind systems like Destiny because it's based around PVE with some PVP modes. So, that's fine. It's systems where the unlocks over time give advantage to players in PVP that bothers me. I'm sure they're better balanced these days...but I'm a purest. I want everyone to have equal footing from the get go. The only advantage is a skill advantage. No % damage increase or reload speed increase...or whatever. Just straight up. The last game I got fully into was CS back in the day. Pre 1.6 but I played a bit of 1.6 until the servers I liked to frequent dropped off.

Personally, I think consoles ruined it. They influenced bad systems and PCs took them on. So, I stopped playing in any capacity except when a friends asks me from time to time to play a round or two. I don't take any of it seriously and that's fine with me. So, I don't care if someone is cheating. MP died a while ago, IMHO.

Though, it's been nice to see some old school systems coming back in single player. So, maybe, they'll be a resurgence in MP?

PS. If you're wondering...yes, I hate "e-sports."

I found with the advent of "matchmaking" and "progression systems" my interest decreased. I don't mind systems like Destiny because it's based around PVE with some PVP modes. So, that's fine. It's systems where the unlocks over time give advantage to players in PVP that bothers me. I'm sure they're better balanced these days...but I'm a purest. I want everyone to have equal footing from the get go. The only advantage is a skill advantage. No % damage increase or reload speed increase...or whatever. Just straight up. The last game I got fully into was CS back in the day. Pre 1.6 but I played a bit of 1.6 until the servers I liked to frequent dropped off.

Personally, I think consoles ruined it. They influenced bad systems and PCs took them on. So, I stopped playing in any capacity except when a friends asks me from time to time to play a round or two. I don't take any of it seriously and that's fine with me. So, I don't care if someone is cheating. MP died a while ago, IMHO.

Though, it's been nice to see some old school systems coming back in single player. So, maybe, they'll be a resurgence in MP?
I do believe matchmaking killed multiplayer for me. When no one has the ability to moderate servers and we have to rely on automated systems everybody loses.

WOW, it's pretty much common knowledge gamers, maybe not PC crowd I guess. Also you say it's about even cheating on PC's and console well I've never seen any data supporting that assertion either.

WOW, it's pretty much common knowledge gamers, maybe not PC crowd I guess. Also you say it's about even cheating on PC's and console well I've never seen any data supporting that assertion either.
Common knowledge!?
While I have seen a couple suspect players in hundreds of hours, my experience tells me you are not correct.

null point, facts were asked for not opinion.

Heres an opinion... I have seen plenty of cheaters on console, more than on my pc, mainly because the games I choose to play on pc are on well admined(?) servers.

I cant play on consoles the aim assist all the fps games have remove all the fun out of it for me, and reduce the skill level required to garbage.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/05/05/respawn-has-banned-770000-cheaters-on-apex-legends

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...re-are-cheaters-in-this-game-currently#latest

If you go to the official PC BF5 forum you'll see a huge thread updated daily about cheaters/hacking but if you go to the PS4/Xbox BF5 forums you won't see a thread about cheating.

If you google the term "more cheaters on pc then console" or "hackers ruin pc gaming"

just look at all the threads on forums of people complaining the rampant cheating going on the PC. If you guys really think theirs just as much cheating on console as their is on PC then your in denial or plain f***ing dumb. I could post 100's of threads supporting what I'm saying.

Like I said mostly PC players here and of coarse they don't want to think their platform is the most vulnerable to cheating and hacking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back