IcyDock FatCage + Thermaltake Armor = ?

Sovereign

2[H]4U
I'm looking at this 5-in-3 adapter that converts 3x 5.25" to 5x 3.5". The thing I'm not sure of is how it will fit in a Thermaltake Armor.

The current hard drive cages stop well short of the front of the case, leaving room for 120mm fans and mesh screen air filters.

Will the FatCage require removing the filters, sit behind them, or what? I can't seem to find many photos of this adapter installed, only product shots.

I have a 3 in 2 icy dock, great products

not sure about the fit

All the 3x5.25 to 5x3.5 style bays mount identically to three dvd drives. Unlikely a filter or fan will fit in front. Compatibility issues arise when the case has metal tabs for each 5.25 to sit on. Had to dremel a brand new deep silence 6 case last week to make my istarusa bpn-de350ss fit.

All the 3x5.25 to 5x3.5 style bays mount identically to three dvd drives. Unlikely a filter or fan will fit in front. Compatibility issues arise when the case has metal tabs for each 5.25 to sit on. Had to dremel a brand new deep silence 6 case last week to make my istarusa bpn-de350ss fit.

This is what I needed to know, thanks!

I'm just going to buy a new case when I end up hitting the need for these FatCages. It would be a half-centimeter dremel or cut job on the Armor--the tabs are HUGE!

Back