iCUE draining my i7 9700k

Mosie100

Limp Gawd
I recently purchased 5 Corsair 120mm fans and of course had to download the iCUE software to be able to manage all that sweet rgb.
Problem is the software is draining my CPU. Requiring 20%.
I already uninstalled but I hate that I can't edit the rgb on the fans like I had them with the software.
I loved the customization abilities but damn I can't afford to have 20% of my CPU under load.
My specs are in my signature but I have an i7 9700k for reference.
Has anybody else had these issues with iCUE or have any ideas on a solution?

My last system build was all about Corsair and RGB (well, performance first) since I thought it would be fun to play with the RGB, monitor everything from one place, etc., but I had the same issues with the software. I uninstalled it, tried a later version, same problems so I uninstalled and have not tried it since. The Corsair forums are littered with complaints about the resources it uses and it does not look to have improved much since I first installed it. There are some troubleshooting tips and posts on the forums that may help and I have no doubt lots of people are using it without issue. Unfortunately I was never able to get it to work satisfactorily. I wish I could help, but at least you know you are not the only one. Best of luck.

I have full Corsair RGB on 2 of my systems and haven't noticed any excessive CPU usage yet.
I would just reinstall iCue
IMG_0116.JPEG IMG_0241.JPEG

I don't know if this makes a difference, but, I have the corsair ram sticks that need iCue to control the rgb. I have found I can set the color, then close the program from my system tray, and it shows no hit to my cpu. I'm using a 9900kf, so while I have more threads, it should work the same as the 9700k, unless I'm totally mistaken.

No issues here on mine - 9 of the fans and the Corsair WC custom loop kit. Icue doesn't use anything except 1-2% on a 10700k.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but, I have the corsair ram sticks that need iCue to control the rgb. I have found I can set the color, then close the program from my system tray, and it shows no hit to my cpu. I'm using a 9900kf, so while I have more threads, it should work the same as the 9700k, unless I'm totally mistaken.
I have Corsair ram as well. The Vengeance RGB Pro 3200.....
Going to try reinstalling and see what happens.

I've reinstalled a few times but for some reason this time it seems to be not that bad -- hovering at around 3%-4% CPU usage.
Is that what most of you have been getting? jerry8169
Also, Zepher beautiful setups man wow those are nice.

I've reinstalled a few times but for some reason this time it seems to be not that bad -- hovering at around 3%-4% CPU usage.
Is that what most of you have been getting? jerry8169
Also, Zepher beautiful setups man wow those are nice.
My total cpu usage is around 4%-6% at idle, well, with all the background stuff hanging out. iCue uses 0.1-0.4 and usually in the lower side of that when I don't close it from the system tray. It's at 0 when I close it, of course, lol

My total cpu usage is around 4%-6% at idle, well, with all the background stuff hanging out. iCue uses 0.1-0.4 and usually in the lower side of that when I don't close it from the system tray. It's at 0 when I close it, of course, lol
iCUE constantly using 4% ugh. wtf.

Capture.PNG

At least it's not 20% like it was before..... But still! 5% ? Still way too much right?

There is nothing you can do about iCue being a piece of shit. Just un-install it.

Dude, if I install icue, my system will black screen once per day no fail. The only thing I can do is not use it at all. If I need to change the color of my mouse, keyboard and fans, I install it, save to hardware then uninstall it.

Literally I can't use it or it crashes my system. How they haven't fixed this in this long is beyond me. It's trash. Use it, then junk it.

Dude, if I install icue, my system will black screen once per day no fail. The only thing I can do is not use it at all. If I need to change the color of my mouse, keyboard and fans, I install it, save to hardware then uninstall it.

Literally I can't use it or it crashes my system. How they haven't fixed this in this long is beyond me. It's trash. Use it, then junk it.
You update the commander pro firmware?

Mine hovers around 0.1 to 1% also, and I have it controling fans, a pump and monitoring. It has had a couple of firmware updates though.

I've had zero issues with iCue. It is definitely not user friendly though.

I have it on 4 different machines, one is a 12 year old 775 setup, and haven't had that issue.

Purely anecdotal, but I had iCUE installed and was experiencing frequent BSOD. No a single issue since I uninstalled it.

I even bought a Commander Pro last week but then I remembered my experience with iCUE. Not going to use it.

Corsair display adapter would crash in reliability monitor and my system would black screen. There is a huge thread on it at the corsair forums. Many people have the same black screen issue. It still isn't resolved to this day. I still get the display adapter crashes routinely when it's installed and the black screen follows after.

Corsair display adapter would crash in reliability monitor and my system would black screen. There is a huge thread on it at the corsair forums. Many people have the same black screen issue. It still isn't resolved to this day. I still get the display adapter crashes routinely when it's installed and the black screen follows after.
Man, corsair really needs to stop making software.

I have the latest iCue installed for my old (as in bought another mouse to replace it cos it died early!) Scimitar RGB mouse that has a dead wheel button, I use the app to map the button elsewhere,
All was well for a week.
Now when windows shuts down, for a split moment it throws up a crash of the application.
I expect something to corrupt, not confidence inspiring.
You'd think they would have a handle on it by now.
It seems the hardware and software both expire not too long into their life,

Has anybody ever figured out a way around this?
My iCUE literally drains 15-20% minimum of my CPU no matter what I do.
I've reinstalled multiple times... Disabled software control for my Corsair Vengeance RAM.
I've literally done anything I could think of/look online.
I use my PC at night and I'd rather the lights not be at their brightest. Shouldn't be this difficult to customize and it definitely shouldn't be taking up so much of my CPU!
1611031242666.png
Insane.

Last edited:
I recently gave OpenRGB a try because I also do not want iCue on my system. It's pretty minimalist which might be good or bad depending on your needs but could be something to check out

So uh... this just stopped happening I guess? iCue officially straight tras.

KATEKATEKATE I've looked into OpenRGB but didn't fully understand how to go about doing it. Since iCue is working for the time being going to hold off. I may come back and ask you how to use it when this eventually becomes garbo again...
Thank you everyone!

So uh... this just stopped happening I guess? iCue officially straight tras.

KATEKATEKATE I've looked into OpenRGB but didn't fully understand how to go about doing it. Since iCue is working for the time being going to hold off. I may come back and ask you how to use it when this eventually becomes garbo again...
Thank you everyone!
Icue is awful, I had so many issues with that software. I ended up just letting the shit flash whatever color it wants to

Icue is awful, I had so many issues with that software. I ended up just letting the shit flash whatever color it wants to
Hahahah I was so close to throwing all my ll120 fans out the window before it miraculously fixed itself 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Hahahah I was so close to throwing all my ll120 fans out the window before it miraculously fixed itself 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I’ve got 2 ram sticks and 3 Corsair fans with out icue and a Evga clc cooler. That shit don’t match at all

When I used Corsair RGB RAM, I remember there was a RAM setting in iCue that was spiking the CPU usage high. Turned that off and it was fine... I don't recall what the setting was called though.

I use ICue for my AIO, Keyboard and Commander Pro... checking now it's using 0.3% of my CPU. There are my setting, but most stuff is enabled, so I dunno!

1612477515409.png

This was the setting I had to toggle when I had high CPU utilization with iCUE last year on my old 9900k build. I remember it being higher than 5% until I turned this off using Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 RAM.
icue.png

Back