iCloud full... what do I do?

QwertyJuan

[H]F Junkie
My bosses iCloud is full and she is complaining about the error message she keeps getting.

How does one "empty" their iCloud and start over again?? I was going to sync the pics to her iMac as a backup.... but how do I wipe her iCloud data so she can start from scratch?? :confused:

under settings>icloud on her iOS device, you can manage the storage. Just delete the old backups she has and should be good to go without having to delete anything else. She may have multiple backups on there

So if you turn the backups "off" will it delete all the old backups??

I'm not entirely sure, honestly. I would imagine that it does, but not 100% sure off hand (and don't feel like trying it just in case).

Try turning it off. It will likely prompt you if it does delete her current backups.

I am looking at MY iCloud right now.... it says my backup size is 3.1GB but it won't backup because I need an additional 2.7GB of space??(and I have 3.5GB free) Why?? :confused:

I am looking at MY iCloud right now.... it says my backup size is 3.1GB but it won't backup because I need an additional 2.7GB of space??(and I have 3.5GB free) Why?? :confused:

Do you have a lot of documents on your phone? As for the storage space, IIRC, you only get 5GB of free storage with iCloud. So if the backup is 3.1GB, then you certainly have less than 3.5GB free (hence the message) :p

Do you have a lot of documents on your phone? As for the storage space, IIRC, you only get 5GB of free storage with iCloud. So if the backup is 3.1GB, then you certainly have less than 2.7GB free (hence the message) :p

I have 3.5GB free it says... says next backup will take 3.1GB of space. THEN it tells me I need 2.7GB more space. What gives???

Hard to say without seeing it. Post screenshots.

Assuming you have old backups on iCloud, I'd suggest deleting an old backup to free up some room and then re-backing up the device.

Hard to say without seeing it. Post screenshots.

Assuming you have old backups on iCloud, I'd suggest deleting an old backup to free up some room and then re-backing up the device.

Ok... exactly how is that done?? How can I delete an old backup?? I don't see a "list" of backups anywhere.

under Settings>iCloud>Storage>Manage Storage. From there just tap on each backup and it will give you the option to delete it.

Back