IceDigger's Ebay Auction Sales - Mostly Games

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Last edited:

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Range extender worth a damn?
Thats a good question. I recommend using powerline converters rather than range extenders. They work MUCH better if all the electrical in the house is on the same panel.

The nighthawks are one of the better ones available though.

NovaCloud

Gawd
Good luck mate! That shit is SUPER expensive! My best friend did it and he was fortunate to get a baby boy and also another baby boy a year later without the IVF. I am about to get sniped since I have my fourth kid less than 6 years lol.. I am done...

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
Thats a good question. I recommend using powerline converters rather than range extenders. They work MUCH better if all the electrical in the house is on the same panel.

The nighthawks are one of the better ones available though.
I've found MoCA adapters to be vastly better than powerline.

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
I've found MoCA adapters to be vastly better than powerline.
This x1000. It's basically full speed Ethernet in any room that has a coax connection, which should not only be common in most homes anyway, but likely already in key areas throughout the house. I'm using these to get an ethernet backbone on my wireless AP's throughout my house.

IME, powerline adapters were comparable to WiFi in jitter/latency tests.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
This x1000. It's basically full speed Ethernet in any room that has a coax connection, which should not only be common in most homes anyway, but likely already in key areas throughout the house. I'm using these to get an ethernet backbone on my wireless AP's throughout my house.

IME, powerline adapters were comparable to WiFi in jitter/latency tests.
Yeah I dunno. I can't remember ever being in a house, which had coaxial to anything other than the living room and the secondary living room. There could be some regional or even company specific construction trends, to put coaxial into bedrooms. But....I haven't really seen it. And while growing up, we had to run coaxial ourselves, to get it in extra rooms.

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Updated price on Optiplex 3040 to $90 :D

I have around 40 and want to blow them out fast.

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Added some Dell XPS 9350 laptops. Really nice ultra portables with thunderbolt.

owkia

Supreme [H]ardness
Heads up, your Dell 3040 listing has both an i5 and an i3 cpu listed. Title says i3, 'item specifics' and 'about this product' say i5, then i3 again down in the actual listing description.