IC7-G problem with motherboard or something else?

RichQ03

n00b
I have an IC7-G, P4 2.4, sapphire x800 xl (agp with arctic cooling silencer 5 rev 2), creative audigy 2 zs, 1g of ram. I just put on the new silencer 5, and the computer ran, i had to move some pci cards around, but the computer started up with no problems initially, i ran future mark 05, and then shut the computer down and restarted a few times, no problems. when i restarted several hours later the computer seemed to freeze when once it showed the speed the processor was running at, and didnt go any further. I shut it down several times and restarted but it did the same thing. i reset the bios, and then it started up but i had an error with the ntldr being missing. so i restarted, and then it did the same thing as before, hanging at the speed of the processor. is there a problem with the motherboard? the bios? or have i connected something wrong? it worked originally but it messed up after i restarted.

any suggestions?

i couldnt find anything related to this problem searching these forums or abits forums.

Well, for one when you reset the bios, you might have to change your HDD priority again so it will find your OS...that's what the ntldr message is about.

Just before you started having issues, did you by any chance add any additional USB devices?

Yeah, after I've reset the bios, i have gotten the ntldr message, and i have been able to fix that, but the problem righ tnow is that it wont even let me get into the bios to change it, it just holds/freezes when i boot up.

I didnt add any new USB devices, the last one i added was about a month ago, and it was a logitech mx 500.

(sorry I was out of town for 2 days)

I would remove all devices and expansion cards except for what is absolutely needed to boot your computer and try again. If it allows you to boot into windows, then I would suspect the power supply may be causing your problems.

EDIT: Just found this fix over at microsoft, looks like it pertains to your issue.

Back