ibuypower's dual 7800gt laptop

Suki243

Gawd
Is it worth it?
link
What do you think, is the second videocard worth it? will it be canceled out by the processor, memory, or will it be greatly affected by heat issues? etc..

people actually buy laptops from this company?

with any of the setups on that link your talking about major heat issues, a heavy system, and no battery life. why dont you just carry a desktop and flat screen monitor around.

They lost me when the only LCD option was 1680x1050. :(

LOL @ 45 minute battery life from the bit-tech review. It sounds pretty poorly designed since PCI-E supports shutting off slots and there's little reason for typical battery use time (no gaming) on it to be much worse than on a 17"/go7800GTX laptop. The 19" LCD + backlighting will use more power of course but a battery that size (6600mAH) should last at least 2 hours for non-gaming use.

Who really needs a 14.5lb laptop (plus a 2lb power brick)?

pxc said:
They lost me when the only LCD option was 1680x1050. :(

LOL @ 45 minute battery life from the bit-tech review. It sounds pretty poorly designed since PCI-E supports shutting off slots and there's little reason for typical battery use time (no gaming) on it to be much worse than on a 17"/go7800GTX laptop. The 19" LCD + backlighting will use more power of course but a battery that size (6600mAH) should last at least 2 hours for non-gaming use.

Who really needs a 14.5lb laptop (plus a 2lb power brick)?

I think that the primary problem with the display is that no one makes a 19" uxga display yet (at least that i can find)

as far as weight and battery life i dont really think at this thing fits into a laptop category anymore, its more of a mobile desktop with the option of limited off grid usage.

Im actually considering getting one, just a replacement for my desktop (but am going to hold off for a little longer - waiting to see if they will install the turion x2 processors)

also wondering if when 19" uxga lcds are available would the vid cards automatically detect the higher resloution options or would it need bios or other hardware changes?

Back