iBooks for $50 each on August 9th

iNViSiGOD

Gawd
I live all the way in Illinois and alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way over in virginia there selling off about 1000 notebooks from a school for 50$ a piece, limit one per person. Im heartbroken i cant get in on teh fun but i figured i'd share it with everybody in here.

Henrico County Public Schools has announced that 1,000 used Apple 12-inch iBooks with 320MB RAM will be on sale for $50 each on Tuesday, Aug. 9th between 9am - 3pm. The iBooks will be sold at the school warehouse:

361 Dabbs House Road
Richmond, Virginia

The laptops will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. There will be no waiting list. Only cash or checks will be accepted.

Linkage Here

HOLY CRAP, MY BAND IS GONNA BE ON TOUR IN VIRGINIA THAT DAY! YOU ARE A SEXY, SEXY AMAZING MAN!!! :):):)

Sweet man, if it wasnt a 14 hr trip i'd come down and snag up on them as well. But i cant do that on a work week :(

Yea I've know about this for a while but didn't feel like brining it up. After all I'm in Richmond :)

I'm paying 2 friends like 30 bucks ea to stand in line for me and get me 2 more. I'm going to make some picture frames. I'm selling my mod'd clear 800 now and will be replacing it with a g4 ibook so these suckers will be for playing around with.

swatbat said:
Yea I've know about this for a while but didn't feel like brining it up. After all I'm in Richmond :)

I'm paying 2 friends like 30 bucks ea to stand in line for me and get me 2 more. I'm going to make some picture frames. I'm selling my mod'd clear 800 now and will be replacing it with a g4 ibook so these suckers will be for playing around with.

Hey, yeah, I was gonna ask; how early do you think we should get there? We have a show the night before like 6 hours away (no big deal to drive), so the earliest we could get there would be at like 6AM... would we be too late?

Well with 1000 of them and 1 per person I don't see but so many people showing up. I'm thinking of getting there around 6ish. Maybe a little earler. I mean most people will not drive but so far that early in the morning. This is not like a best buy/compusa sale where they have like 10 or 20 units. I'm dragging by brother out of bed(he's 14) and getting him to buy me one, I'm buying one. Looks like 2 friends will by me one each then another friend is buying one for himself for next year in school. He just needs something to take notes in class so that will rock for it. I may let my bro keep the one he ends up buying but I'm not sure yet. If he does end up keeping it I will replace the drive with a combo drive(god I hate taking those things apart). I want to make at least one a picture frame as I've done it before with a clamshell and it worked good. The others I may sell. Don't worry everyone if I end up getting a few I'll be sure to show them off and brag. :) Yes I am an asshole

I should say that if figure that you will have at least 200 or 300 people there by 7ish with prob at least 600 by 9 :)

The problem is the area where they are doing it. This is going to be a real pain in the ass with trafic.

Depressing. I want one so bad but i checked mapquest for directions and it looks like its going to be a 14 hr + drive for me to get there. Nice to know but sad to know i cant see it being fesable i loved my brothers iBook (Same specs) and would love to own one. Anyone pick up an extra and ill give them $100 + S/H for it.

Being in town I have seen people say they are going to camp out which I don't think the cops will allow. I'm thinking that this is going to lead to havok but it will be interesting to see.

This has been posted everywhere (FatWallet, Slickdeals etc.). Actually getting one might prove to very hard.

Possible, especially considering the price VS Ebay prices. But alot of people like myself cant drive to make it so it caters to a select market: MAC for one, Distance for another depending, it is east coast, and you dont know what you might get.

HOLY CRAP!!!

Thanks for telling me that. Henrico county is litereally 25 minutes away from my house. I'll be there with a crapload of cash for sure :)

You do realize that it is one per person right WakeboardrB? The trick is to show up with cash and friends that don't want one but have nothing better to do :D

Yeah, I actually just made a few calls and got 4 other people to help me buy them.

That with my brother and parents and I'll have a lot of laptops fo sho! :D

Rock on, my little bro has the same model as what there selling,i think its an awsome MAC. Runs OSX flawlessly.

Anyone want to pick one up for me? $50 + shipping + something for your time? :p

What a sweet deal, I wish schools around here would do this.

E

Wow...I'm actually thinking of taking Monday/Tuesday off and making the trip from ohio. 50 + gas for an ibook? Wow.

Shinji said:
Wow...I'm actually thinking of taking Monday/Tuesday off and making the trip from ohio. 50 + gas for an ibook? Wow.

I would prob take it off except our CSR is off that day as well so i cant leave work.

This is hot.

If someone is interested in getting one for me, I'd pay for the ibook and shipping, and a little bonus. :D

Yeah for real, I'm going to be in a class that I can't miss. Makes me sad... Like the other people said, I'll pay 100 + shipping for one if anyone gets an extra.

God I would love one of these =[ unfortunately it would cost me more to get there than it would to buy a mac mini. any chance on somebody picking one up and wanting to resell it cheap? :eek:

BillLeeLee said:
This is hot.

If someone is interested in getting one for me, I'd pay for the ibook and shipping, and a little bonus. :D

My thoughts exactly, i'd pay for the iBook, S&H and send an extra 50$ for their time.

Nice, I only live a couple of blocks away from RIR, I will definatly be there bright and early,

I'm trying to rally the troops here in NC to make the trip, it's about a 2 and a half hour trip. I would really hate to use PTO for two days off at work and use gas to get there and then not get one :(

The one per person is so people only get one... I can't make it, so I contacted a friend in-town to pick one up for me and he said if he wants one he'll bring a friend, but I'm not going to be a jerk and bribe people.
Sales like this are for people who can't afford new ones, it's too bad how many 'Think of how cool I'll be with six laptops!' and 'I'm gonna be so rich after I sell them on eBay!' people show up : (

Konrad said:
The one per person is so people only get one... I can't make it, so I contacted a friend in-town to pick one up for me and he said if he wants one he'll bring a friend, but I'm not going to be a jerk and bribe people.
Sales like this are for people who can't afford new ones, it's too bad how many 'Think of how cool I'll be with six laptops!' and 'I'm gonna be so rich after I sell them on eBay!' people show up : (

I'll bribe your friends friend :p

People that look at this as a money making deal should go away and let us poor people get in on the action.

Anywho, god luck to those going down there to check it out,

E

there are going to be like 50,000 people at this school clamoring for these, lol.

:eek:

Anyone wanna buy one for me and I'll PayPal to get it shipped to me? (I will also pay for shipping) :D

yeah, i would pay 100 for one and shipping, 50 for the laptop, 50 for the time, and shipping.

I kind of need a laptop for school.

I really wish they made it state residents only, since it was state tax dollars that bought the laptops in the 1st place, but I guess I'm just being selfish. (And kind of bitter that theres now a chance I might not get one since so many people are showing up).

Naldo said:
I really wish they made it state residents only, since it was state tax dollars that bought the laptops in the 1st place, but I guess I'm just being selfish. (And kind of bitter that theres now a chance I might not get one since so many people are showing up).
Or, not online or "Send us a letter for a claim ticket" or something.
...vultures.

I am also interested in getting one of these... but being in Cali, can't make it there... lol

Back