ibook to ibook internet sharing

tango554

n00b
ibook 15" g4 sharing ethernet connection via hardline...over airport extreme.

ibook 12" G4 receiving airport internet signal.

Being on the 12" I cannot connect to AIM or hotmail or most other login networks ([H]) excluded. When I set it up vice versa (12" broadcasting internet, 15" receiving), the 15" does everything as planned and expected. Explanation? Its a bit annoying..

Setup is the same. Both are updated to current OSX updates. When we set the systems up, they're exactly the same (system preferences, sharing, internet...on.

So I guess my question is why cant my ibook 12" connect to certain services, when his 15" can connect?

first you are either running a 14" ibook or 15" powerbook and I am not sure what the rest of your setup is...are you using one of the comps as a software base station and turning on internet sharing? or do you have a base station? I **think** you have one system hard lined and turned on internet sharing creating a network for the other one to connect to and as long as you have it turned on for what ever comp has the connection it shouldn't matter what site you go to as the main system is going to be a DHCP router and provide all the access info to the other comp...why you are having an issue with it I have no idea

sorry its a 14" Ibook that is hardlined. I am not using a base station. I setup the 14" as a software basestation and turned on internet sharing.

Its still doing it and its really annoying. Please help!

Back