IBM T61 (Intel 82566MM)

vroom_skies

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey there you guys, hoping you can help me with this.

I'm having issues with my network adapter, it's a Intel 82566MM, that should be a 10/100/1000 NIC. Yet it's only registering at 10mb.
Now if I'm not mistaken that shouldn't affect anything besides network transfer speeds, or if your internet connection is over 10 megs, which mine isn't. However, when browsing the net it's essentially 56K speeds, and this is if it wants to connect at all. When using wireless it flies like normal, so something is up.

I've tried everything short of a full format, updated drivers, uninstalled/ reinstalled drivers, full rollback of system, etc. Yet I'm still getting this issue. I hope it's not a hardware issue, since the laptop is recently out from under warranty. Although I'm losing hope.

Thanks
Bob

BTW- System is on XP Pro

If it is only connecting at 10mb, that is indicative that there is something wrong with the NIC, the cable, the switch, etc...

I'd start swapping ports, cables, and adapters to help troubleshoot the problem.

The NIC is probably fine. Its probably your switch/hub and it only operates at 10mb speeds.

Back