IBM M1015, sas2flash.efi.. anyone got it? :)

Faldaani

Limp Gawd
Hi

Trying to flash my IBM M1015.. unfortunately my motherboard requires me to use the EFI version of the flash utility.

Tried to download it from LSI... zip file downloads fine, but the efi flash utility is replaced by a text file saying this:
Code:
FILE QUARANTINED

Microsoft Forefront Protection for SharePoint removed a file since it was found to be infected.
File name: "SAS2IRCU_P13.zip->sas2ircu.efi"
Malware name: "Suspicious!SA"

Can't find it anywhere else either, everyone says "go to LSI's website", yeah.... well, aint working...

So.. anyone got a copy of sas2flash.efi that they can put up somewhere? :)

Sure, doesn't matter to me - end result is the same, no file for me :)

Found it somewhere else, consider this closed.

Hi

Trying to flash my IBM M1015.. unfortunately my motherboard requires me to use the EFI version of the flash utility.

Tried to download it from LSI... zip file downloads fine, but the efi flash utility is replaced by a text file saying this:
Code:
FILE QUARANTINED

Microsoft Forefront Protection for SharePoint removed a file since it was found to be infected.
File name: "SAS2IRCU_P13.zip->sas2ircu.efi"
Malware name: "Suspicious!SA"

Can't find it anywhere else either, everyone says "go to LSI's website", yeah.... well, aint working...

So.. anyone got a copy of sas2flash.efi that they can put up somewhere? :)

MS Forefront sucks. It is known for false positives. 99.9% of the time, it is wrong. It is also why it identifies it as "Suspicious" instead of telling you a specific virus or malware type. MS doesn't deal with packer programs well and just labels everything suspicious.

I had this same issue a few weeks ago. LSI is amazingly stupid for hosting their file downloads on a public facing SharePoint site. Just use a bloody FTP site--it's what it was designed for, ffs!

Can someone please point me in the direction to get this file?

Problem hasnt been fix yet.

Thanks
Paul

Can someone please point me in the direction to get this file?
l

Email [email protected] ... they are awesome.

As a side note, be advised that LSI has re-designed their website. If you select a product, and then select downloads under that you'll only see the *current* drivers/firmware for that product.

OTOH if you select 'support' from the home page and select 'find support downloads by product'...punch in the product info and then search...you'll then get the same list of downloads *AND* an 'archive' link where you can then access all previous versions of downloads as well.

I got LSI to look at it. They didn't seem to want to help since my card is made by SuperMicro, but they did offer up this.

Last edited:
Back