IBM M1015 compatible motherboard

raghuram

n00b
Hi,
I have 3 IBM M1015 cards lying around (got them off ebay for 75$ each) and been looking to try them out. I have a ASRock Z68 Pro3 motherboard in my system. The system doesnt boot if i put one of the cards in the existing x16 slot. It doesnt even reach POST. Has anybody had some success with this card and this motherboard ?

Also, I am looking to build a new system to put three of these cards in. I don't need any of the RAID features. just plain JBOD is sufficient. So could you please suggest some proc+motherboard combo (possibly commodity) for the same ? I am looking for something cheap here.

Thanks in advance.

I can confirm that the ASUS Rampage III Formula works. Its an X58 mobo though.

Last edited:
Won't fit three but the M4A785T-M works with 1 BR10i for me, maybe a variant of that board with more PCI-e slots would work for you.

edit: Asus

My trusty Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 works great. Works in either x16 or the x4 without issue. Best $40 microcenter bundle MB deal ever ;)

My trusty Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 works great. Works in either x16 or the x4 without issue. Best $40 microcenter bundle MB deal ever ;)

I can then give it a try. It does have 3 working slots (x16, x8, x4) then. Thanks for the info.

No prob. It's nice to be able to use which ever x16 for the card and the extra x4 for an expander. I'm using 2 M1015's and the LSI based Intel expander connecting to 2 norco chassis. Nice and clean and half the price of a low end server board/memory/cpu setup.

Back