IBM HR Made Me Lie to US Government, Says Axed VP in Age-Discrimination Legal Row

I read the article. Its a BS opinion piece that is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill at best and outright facetious at worst. The author just points to union leader's wages as being inherently unfair and unjust without actually giving any reasons for those claims. I mean those guys make peanuts compared to many CEO's and Wall St execs but somehow their wages are a huge problem?? Complete BS.

Did you actually look at the UAW link I gave? Did you not see how dues are broken out and where they go in detail?

You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

And its quite telling that every time in thread so far you try to present something as factual it turns out to be outright lies that is trivial to disprove.

If you're willing to be dishonest and/or just ignore information then sure yeah we can go back and forth forever.

Realistically though after the post where I linked the UAW dues clearly showing your earlier claims to be false it was obvious to everyone you were all done on this issue.

Hahaha and now we're down to lame insults.

I'm also not a part of any union currently BTW though I wouldn't mind being in one. Workers in my field could certainly use some help though I'm doing OK for the most part I'm unusual.

The point of my statement about you being in a union is the same as what you're doing: thinking you have everything about someone figured out based on a few forum posts. See how utterly wrong that is?

So, show me some "facts" about ALL of the union dues and misc other fees from sheetmetal, pipefitters, carpenters, and postalworkers unions... because those are the different unions my in-laws are claiming that they must pay in around a total of 15-20% of their paychecks from all the various dues, funds, fees, accounts, etc that they say they are required to pay into. I will admit I do not know specifics about all these supposed fees and accounts (like vacation funds, off-work stipend, etc) that they've mentioned, and it is very possible it does include federal and state taxes, health insurance, retirement, etc (which would make sense, given a fifth of their paychecks are supposedly being swept away).

When i worked in Denmark in a union i had to give up around 3% for the union
it was one of the more expensive ones and my pay was not high so for most pppl it would probably be a bit lower

but hell even 5% i would glady give away to recieved the eenfits it gave me
* legal advice with impropper fyring
* legal advice with impropepr handling of HR issues
* 5 weeks of paid vacation ( which 3 week you can demand to have to be in succions in the summer periode)
* paid sickdays
* holliday offs
* 8% less works week

Ssorry but working in the states is a huge dump of crap

The US is a huge dump of crap, when Denmark devours around 60% of everyone's paychecks in income tax, regardless if they are in a union or not? Ummm, what kind of fair comparison is that?

The point of my statement about you being in a union is the same as what you're doing: thinking you have everything about someone figured out based on a few forum posts. See how utterly wrong that is?

So, show me some "facts" about ALL of the union dues and misc other fees from sheetmetal, pipefitters, carpenters, and postalworkers unions... because those are the different unions my in-laws are claiming that they must pay in around a total of 15-20% of their paychecks from all the various dues, funds, fees, accounts, etc that they say they are required to pay into. I will admit I do not know specifics about all these supposed fees and accounts (like vacation funds, off-work stipend, etc) that they've mentioned, and it is very possible it does include federal and state taxes, health insurance, retirement, etc (which would make sense, given a fifth of their paychecks are supposedly being swept away).

Why would he go to the effort to provide these facts when you already know that what you are saying makes no sense? You can't lump benefit and pension plans in with your dues and just say 'oh the union is stealing my monies'. You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

When i worked in Denmark in a union i had to give up around 3% for the union
it was one of the more expensive ones and my pay was not high so for most pppl it would probably be a bit lower

but hell even 5% i would glady give away to recieved the eenfits it gave me
* legal advice with impropper fyring
* legal advice with impropepr handling of HR issues
* 5 weeks of paid vacation ( which 3 week you can demand to have to be in succions in the summer periode)
* paid sickdays
* holliday offs
* 8% less works week

Ssorry but working in the states is a huge dump of crap

Well, I get almost all of that and I am not in a union.

I "only" get 4 weeks paid vacation, but that will go up if I stay here longer... plus a couple paid "personal days"

holidays off - not as many as a government worker, but it still adds up to quite a few. plus a couple "floating" holidays that I can take off whenever I want.

Paid sickdays.. as long as there are no more than 5 in a row.

I can work from home as well if I want to.

This year I am going to have to take off at least 4 weeks total or I will lose some because I can only carry over 75% of my vacation days to the next year. We have people take off a month all at once pretty regularly. They are pretty flexible with when you take vacation. I can even take off the day of if something comes up.

I know a lot of places aren't like this and I don't pretend to think that.

The point of my statement about you being in a union is the same as what you're doing
Actually no it isn't.

You got caught out as either lying or being laughably credulous here and now you're trying to deflect and/or shift goal posts and its not working to well at all for you.

So, show me some "facts" about
Nah I already did the good faith effort by actually giving you the link to UAW dues which were the complete opposite of what you claimed.

Since you were the one making substantive claims in thread about union dues how about you actually put in some work and actually try and back up what you're saying instead?

I mean you know what you're talking about right? Should be eaaasssyyy for you then. Oh wait....

I will admit I do not know specifics about all these supposed fees and accounts

Actually no it isn't.

You got caught out as either lying or being laughably credulous here and now you're trying to deflect and/or shift goal posts and its not working to well at all for you.

Nah I already did the good faith effort by actually giving you the link to UAW dues which were the complete opposite of what you claimed.

Since you were the one making substantive claims in thread about union dues how about you actually put in some work and actually try and back up what you're saying instead?

I mean you know what you're talking about right? Should be eaaasssyyy for you then. Oh wait....

Moving the goalposts? LOL No, I didn't do that at all...you are seemingly trying to argue to the point of forcing me to like unions. That will never happen, as long as unions continue taking a portion of their workers paychecks, kill off small businesses/contractors, remove freedom of choice for people/businesses looking to hire workers to do certain jobs, and keep playing the very big donation political lobbying game...same things that corporatist huge conglomerates do (other than the BS dues).

I'll even muster up and say congrats, you did make me stop and think about what their claims of 15-20% of their paychecks are going to, so I'll grant you credit for that.

As for how I feel about unions and how they operate: I say they should fuck off just as much as anyone that supports them should.

The US is a huge dump of crap, when Denmark devours around 60% of everyone's paychecks in income tax, regardless if they are in a union or not? Ummm, what kind of fair comparison is that?

a compariosn on the unions alone.
how fair is it to talk about taxes and not math in the benefits.

like me do the equal stupid comparison you did
You have to pay 500odollars for a abmuclacne to the hospital in us that 100% more than in Denmark
You cant just focus on expense and then ignored what you get from it.

The taxes you pay covers education it covers hospitals
so yeahyou pay more in what you can see in yor paycheck
but combined with higher minimu wages. and accoutning in the down the road cost of living in the states its not much different

The healtcare systme in the states are among the most expensive per capita because of the greed incorporate into it.

Education of your ppl alos constitauio nother "invisible" benefits. it lower crimes

The US has 5x the murder rate (per capita)
4 times the rape rage ( per capita)
3 time the crime rate (per capita)

just start looking at stattistic and you will notice how horribel the states are doing in any measurments.

But from what I've learned living in the states... most US ppl tends to only look at once thing.
what is in my paycheck and thats the length of it

and offcause it does not help the gorverment is in the pocket of big corp and act like a bunch of kids closing down because they cant agree aon anything.

in a more.. mature country it would considered a huge embarrassment for the country to act like that...

The American ppl deserves a better life than what the US system is currently providing them

Last edited:
a compariosn on the unions alone.
how fair is it to talk about taxes and not math in the benefits.

like me do the equal stupid comparison you did
You have to pay 500odollars for a abmuclacne to the hospital in us that 100% more than in Senmark
You cant just focus on on expense and then ignored what you get from it.

That's only justified if every single person uses the services of an ambulance at least a handful of times, right? They are forcing every person to pay for services that a majority will never use or use to the frequency/extent of how much is mandatorilly taken can actually pay for...same as the remaining aspects of taxpayer funded "free" healthcare, and the aspects of taxpayer funded "free" education.

That's the way I see it, anyhow. If you feel it's beneficial and justified, then more power to ya.

One thing that many US corporations used to provide was 100% tuition reimbursement, as long as a certain GPA was attained and/or the coursework was directly applicable and beneficial to the company. And if the "old timers" got let go (like the topic of this thread), they had some higher education to put on a resume. It seems the tuition reimbursement is becoming non-existent, though. Pretty sad, in my opinion.

Back