I9 11900k unboxing

Probably somewhat cheaper and less cumbersome than the decahedron shape in previous generations.

Oh, you guys are rough. C'mon, Intel hasn't had to try this hard since Athlon kicked them in the groin like 15 years ago. They're trying, ok?
I'll stick to my Ryzen 3800X for now though.

Fair enough. Shoulda just stuck with a normal rectangular box instead of something that looks like it was in the background for the saved by the bell intro.
NINTCHDBPICT000494909329.jpg

A few more pastels and it would fit right in! :D

6452222cv12d.jpg

Box looks so good that it is ready for the trashcan not to be seen again :). It is the processor inside that runs the games, workloads, production. I hated the AMD elaborate puzzle CPU boxes which just never seemed to come apart except with a hammer, much better now.

You people just hating on Intel. The box is cool. Pointless but still cooler then the crap ryzen processor come in.

I don't buy things based on the box. It's a waste of money. Just like I wish I could save a couple hundred bucks when I buy a watch and just have it in bubble wrap instead of the rediculous packaging.

I like the fact that his Z490 board worked without a BIOS update - although if he has 0232 (01/08/21), 9402 (02/08/21), or the latest as of today: 0402 (02/17/21) he probably has it but ASUS didn't put it in the release notes for whatever reason. My Z490-E January BIOS has it.

I can't think of a more effective way to throw away your time than watching videos of someone unboxing something ...

I can. Imagine watching a video about someone's reaction to somebody else unboxing something :D
Reaction videos are interesting to me - I tend to suppress my reaction to most things and my wife really hates it.

Just my personal weirdness about not wanting other people to be able to change my state without my consent - I could never make a reaction video.

Reaction videos are interesting to me - I tend to suppress my reaction to most things and my wife really hates it.

Just my personal weirdness about not wanting other people to be able to change my state without my consent - I could never make a reaction video.
Lack of reaction is a reaction. But for comedies sake, there are people that have more or less anti reaction videos.

Rich Evans on Red Letter Media has done several. And their “Nerd Crew” podcast satire is more or less commentary on fandom, reactions, and nerd culture.

On topic, some people really love this stuff. It’s a tangible, marketable, experiential part of product purchasing.

A huge driver for whether a product is premium or not is just the packaging and unboxing experience. Whether it affects you or not isn’t really relevant. It directly does for a huge amount of consumers whether they’re aware of it or not.

Last edited:
Back