i9-10920x discontinued already or ???...

nEo717

Limp Gawd
Intel just released (11-25-19) the new 10 series i9's including the i9-10920x - The Intel product page is gone, its no longer listed on Intel's Core X page - the Newegg listing I bought from shows may not be restocked. Has anyone heard anything on if some (or all) of the i9-10 series being discontinued just a couple of weeks after be launched?

Intel Product page was:
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...x-series-processor-19-25m-cache-3-50-ghz.html

Core X listings (no 10920x):
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...es/123588/intel-core-x-series-processors.html

Newegg product page:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16819118110

ARK link is back...strange.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...x-series-processor-19-25m-cache-3-50-ghz.html

Still missing from this one that you pointed out:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...es/123588/intel-core-x-series-processors.html

I wonder if they were pulled since they're so new and those vulnerabilities came out, maybe they're going to update them at the factory before they ship.

That could be so - maybe updated part number - or perhaps one of the parts they are moving over to Samsung to manufacturer? Strange to me how Intel is having such a hard time keeping up at a time when AMD has taken over a big chunk of sales - you'd think if anything Intel would have an over-stock unless they are making far less than demand thinking AMD should be beating them up in sales even more than they are?...

I sent an E-Mail to my contacts at Intel asking about this, but I haven't heard back. We'll see. In any case, I've been checking availability almost daily, and it seems that the only people to have any 109xx series CPU's are all reviewers. Meaning, paper launch all the way. I doubt we'll see any of these before Q1 2020 at this point.

I sent an E-Mail to my contacts at Intel asking about this, but I haven't heard back. We'll see. In any case, I've been checking availability almost daily, and it seems that the only people to have any 109xx series CPU's are all reviewers. Meaning, paper launch all the way. I doubt we'll see any of these before Q1 2020 at this point.

I did get my retail unit i9-10920x from Newegg - however I’ve not seen a single other person get/have one. There’s much room to do even a paper launch much better in the world of Intel.

Even the 10900x says sold out everywhere including Newegg, Best Buy, and BH Photo. I was starting to wonder where the hell these chips are at and why does no one have them in stock.

Intel confirmed the i9 10920X isn't going anywhere. Looks like a mistake in the website and nothing more.

Lord knows I've screwed up plenty of tables and graphics in reviews.

Just read this :
https://hardforum.com/threads/intel...-much-much-worse-than-what-they-tell.1990583/
It's more than the 10900/920 sold out and it's probably all the HEDT line that will never be. Only left for investors to believe Intel has a presence on the market when they have none.
-----

Intel appears to have but given up (at the moment) - I'm impressed with my i9-10920x - just letting the x299 Apex Board do all the work it holds 4.8GHz all core with ease - games (bundled with Titan RTX, Intel 905P SSD, X550-T1 NIC, and AE-9 sound) are very solid high frame rates (on 240Hz IPS Monitor).

-----

Intel appears to have but given up (at the moment) - I'm impressed with my i9-10920x - just letting the x299 Apex Board do all the work it holds 4.8GHz all core with ease - games (bundled with Titan RTX, Intel 905P SSD, X550-T1 NIC, and AE-9 sound) are very solid high frame rates (on 240Hz IPS Monitor).
Even at half the price it's not only too expensive but too complicated for the performance. They are on par with the desktop line at AMD. It's like using rockets in a car race and you are still beaten by the conventional cars of your opponent. Next year you could get your Intel workstation to be on par with laptops using AMD when Zen 3 will be on market and Intel still on 14nm. So they just can't sell their HEDT anymore.
Mind that AMD is close to design Zen 5/6 chips based on 2/3nm GAA-FET, when Intel is still trying to optimize 14nm because they are stuck with it. The difference is becoming ridiculous. When Pentium II was out, you would get 486 replica made in Taiwan for 10 dollars soldered on a tiny motherboard. Intel has not even the technology to take that path against AMD. Intel should be already producing 7nm EUV chips but this is still a mirage. Intel insiders say 7nm cannot be ready before 2023. If this is ever happening this is already 3 years late.

Even at half the price it's not only too expensive but too complicated for the performance. They are on par with the desktop line at AMD. It's like using rockets in a car race and you are still beaten by the conventional cars of your opponent. Next year you could get your Intel workstation to be on par with laptops using AMD when Zen 3 will be on market and Intel still on 14nm. So they just can't sell their HEDT anymore.
Mind that AMD is close to design Zen 5/6 chips based on 2/3nm GAA-FET, when Intel is still trying to optimize 14nm because they are stuck with it. The difference is becoming ridiculous. When Pentium II was out, you would get 486 replica made in Taiwan for 10 dollars soldered on a tiny motherboard. Intel has not even the technology to take that path against AMD. Intel should be already producing 7nm EUV chips but this is still a mirage. Intel insiders say 7nm cannot be ready before 2023. If this is ever happening this is already 3 years late.

-------

No matter the rant, for the moment, Intel is still holding their own for gaming (HEDT too for that matter in Gaming/Streaming) - What's complicated about building a system with Intel? X299 as same with Z390 is still the same Chipset (nothing suddenly became more complicated) - Actually its simple - i9-10920x with the Titan RTX, Intel 905P (PCIe add-in card), Intel X550-X1 (PCIe add-in card), Sound Blaster AE-9 (PCIe add-in card) become more complicated in AMD X570 System between PCIe Lanes and Boards/CPU's performing well with such a configuration - Sure there is AMD TR, however for 1080p 240Hz Gaming side of things, i9-10920x will out perform.

As far as performance next year and/or 2023 - that's a long ways off - I'm using my PC today, right now, for today's things, and by 2023, 4+ years from now, many a graphics card and CPU and SSD update will have happened (come and gone).

As to what Intel should be doing, like every company in technology, each decision and vision comes at a cost that is ultimately decided by consumers selections (purchases) good bad or otherwise - Intel has done well for a lot of years (for technology sector) - I don't feel sorry for them, nor feel the owe people any certain level more of success, including for time yet to come (lets see how things play out).

As for AMD - its great they have been riding high these past few months now after years of giving it all the gas they've had just to keep things close - There's a huge road in front of them, how they travel it, only AMD can manage that - If we play the good ole should of would of game, AMD should of had a Titan/Ti Killer years ago, they should have no bars taken gaming crown today, etc... But, they don't either.

Back