i9 10850k for $390

I couldn't resist it. Been waiting for a 5900x for nearly two months and I'm done waiting. This was going to be my first return to AMD since Athlon x2 3800+.

That's a pretty good bang for the buck deal right there.

B&H has it for $399 and no tax using their store card. I got mine for $369 total after selling my Avengers code. Still not as good as the guy who got his for $240 tho. Huehue.

Gotta love intel for being the value option in 2020, lol

Last edited:
I paid $399 on Cyber Monday. I was also waiting on a 5900x. Was a good upgrade from my old i7 5960x.

B&H has it for $399 and no tax using their store card. I got mine for $369 total after selling my Avengers code. Still not as good as the guy who got his for $240 tho. Huehue.

Gotta love intel for being the value option in 2020, lol

I think that was employee pricing. I'm not sure I'd want to be an Intel employee right now.

I too was tempted, but since I can't buy a gpu anyway I will keep waiting on the 5900x. I'm still rocking a 4790k and a gtx 970, without being able to buy a gpu it would just be a waste.

I too was tempted, but since I can't buy a gpu anyway I will keep waiting on the 5900x. I'm still rocking a 4790k and a gtx 970, without being able to buy a gpu it would just be a waste.
I just built my new system from a 4790k to a 10850k using the same 980ti. Logged out of WoW at about 58fps on the old system logged in on the new system at 109 fps. Same settings as the drive with the game on it was carried over.

I just built my new system from a 4790k to a 10850k using the same 980ti. Logged out of WoW at about 58fps on the old system logged in on the new system at 109 fps. Same settings as the drive with the game on it was carried over.
Hey, what Mobo did you used?

Evga z490 FTW they were having a sale on them last month. Seems to be good, can't get the ram to run at xmp but that seems to be par for the course when running 4x sticks. Haven't had much time to mess with it though. Easy oc set up at 5.0 all cores at 1.3v can probably squeeze more out of it once I have time to screw around.

Got one the other day for $399. Going to put this in my main system along with the Vision G motherboard.

Be very careful here .... the 11900K is coming out very very shortly. It's been rumored Intel will launch this chip @ $399 as it's only 8 core. And if you guys did'nt know, the new 11900K beats out the 5950x in single threaded performance, which is what really counts as 90% of PC people are gamers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-I...s-of-the-Singularity-benchmarks.509533.0.html

Later this year, Alderlake will launch, 1700 socket and will feature up to 16 cores. Basically, according to all the information out there, AMD's performance lead will be very shortly lived.

I told my cousin to jump on that deal with a motherboard combo yesterday to upgrade his 5830K system. I got tired of waiting to find a Ryzen 5800X at MSRP, so I bought a 10700K and Asus motherboard combo instead recently. The CPU alone was the same price I paid for a Ryzen 3800X a little more than a year ago. I saved even more with the $60 combo discount and $50 MIR. I told him just to use his old graphics card like I did until GPU's become more plentiful in the Spring.

The 11900K rumored to sell for about $399? I like the sound of that deal for a drop-in upgrade.

That's why I sold my 10700k and got a i5 10400 for dirt cheap. I'll use the I5 til the new cpus come out then I'll grab one of those on my best buy card

Be very careful here .... the 11900K is coming out very very shortly. It's been rumored Intel will launch this chip @ $399 as it's only 8 core. And if you guys did'nt know, the new 11900K beats out the 5950x in single threaded performance, which is what really counts as 90% of PC people are gamers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-I...s-of-the-Singularity-benchmarks.509533.0.html

Later this year, Alderlake will launch, 1700 socket and will feature up to 16 cores. Basically, according to all the information out there, AMD's performance lead will be very shortly lived.
My guess is we're 2 months from the 11900k

My guess is we're 2 months from the 11900k
I guessed this as well. I had a 10400 in my board but I'm selling it off to put the 10850K in. Don't see the need to jump on the new processors since they will be short lived until the new Alder lake processors come out.

Back