I7-9700k and I9-9900k $100 off at Best Buy

Xerack

Gawd
Not sure if these are *HOT* deals but not too bad? I'm not sure how long this lasts...maybe just today?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/desktops-offer-20170407

Also,
I'm currently running an 8700k - would this be worth upgrading to? I've been waiting on possibly getting a 5950x and new board....but that might be a bit down the road.

I'm just considering it because I'm running an RTX 3090 now...

Just added the following pic

1611999076381.png

For gaming I don't think you'll gain much, if anything. Better off waiting for whatever comes next from Intel and AMD.

Decent deal if building a system, just note there is no upgrade path from here you are EoL on this socket type, however I don't think it's that good of a deal for upgrading a single generation almost to the same cpu type. If you were going from an i3, then sure. But not 8700k to 9700k.

8700k to 9900k isnt a bad idea if you can use the extra cores (and oc the crap out of it) to push your 3090 or plan on staying with the 9900k for while longer. Being that 5950s are hard as hell to acquire youll probably be waiting quite a while unfortunately.

Picked up the 9700K a few months ago at MC for $199 with $20 off for motherboard combo. Before the Holiday rush. They have raised the price to $219, plus $20 off with a motherboard bundle. Caveat is In-Store only. For those without MC around then it's a decent deal.

Bought an i5-9600k last week when the 9700k was 250 at microcenter. I would have done the 9700k for 220. Dammit! Time to check return policies.

Just looked real quick, the 9700k is $219 at MC, and the 9900k is $319, so if you have one close to you, those seem to be really good prices on those if you are looking to upgrade.

Those in-store Microcenter deals are tough to beat.
I'm also running an 8700K/3090 and am holding out for whatever Intel/AMD have on the shelves over the summer. For gaming there is basically zero reason to upgrade if you're at 4K. I also do a fair amount of work within Adobe CC, which is my only real motivation to upgrade. The AMD stuff is all sold out or overpriced and Intel's current lot isn't better enough to motivate me.

Yeah, I know MC is great....but unfortunately for me....it's a bit of a travel to visit one...and the good deals are usually in-store only...bleh. Yeah, I think I'll be holding out for a bit to see how things go with newer hardware. I'm keeping my eye on the market, and sometimes I'm tempted to pickup some RAM, but by the time things aren't so crazy...my fear is DDR5 will be the new norm...LoL.

Yeah, I know MC is great....but unfortunately for me....it's a bit of a travel to visit one...and the good deals are usually in-store only...bleh. Yeah, I think I'll be holding out for a bit to see how things go with newer hardware. I'm keeping my eye on the market, and sometimes I'm tempted to pickup some RAM, but by the time things aren't so crazy...my fear is DDR5 will be the new norm...LoL.
Well, if you have a Best Buy close by, they do price matching, so you could probably go through them and use the MC price to get it at a place closer to you, or get it online from them at that price.

I'm also running an 8700K/3090 and am holding out for whatever Intel/AMD have on the shelves over the summer. For gaming there is basically zero reason to upgrade if you're at 4K. I also do a fair amount of work within Adobe CC, which is my only real motivation to upgrade. The AMD stuff is all sold out or overpriced and Intel's current lot isn't better enough to motivate me.
The only upgrade people usually don't know is available is very good cooling for the cpu and gpu.

The better the cooling the better the cpu or gpu stays at that highest boost clock and for longer.

Yep, running 4k rez with a 3090 at 2.1Ghz and 9900K at 5Ghz all cores without hyperthreading, and cores don't go above 70% use, and mostly hang in the 40%'s.

Considering to upgrade to a 9900k from my 9600k

While I don't expect a full on upgrade, I do want to future proof my computer a bit better.

If I can sell my 9600 for what, $125, I'd essentially have a great processor for $225 or so.
Thoughts?

Can't even stream with my 9600k and game at the same time.

Considering to upgrade to a 9900k from my 9600k

While I don't expect a full on upgrade, I do want to future proof my computer a bit better.

If I can sell my 9600 for what, $125, I'd essentially have a great processor for $225 or so.
Thoughts?

Can't even stream with my 9600k and game at the same time.
This best buy deal seems to be dead but the 9900k is a banger cpu if you aren't looking to buy a new motherboard it'd be a solid upgrade imo.

Back