i7 950 -----> x5670 Mini review of transition

LaCuNa

Limp Gawd
Firstly , my 950 served me well , very well , infact it will go down alongside the Pentium 4 HT , and the Q6600 as the biggest jumps in performance in a new platform. I've absolutely fallen in love with those chips especially with how they would perform overclocked. Now the X5670 is going down in the Hall of Fame alongside them.

Simple reason?

At completely stock settings , including a bios reset , the X5670 performs better than the I7 950 @ 4.1ghz.

The overall increased smoothness and system stability was easily felt upon first boot. This processor I can tell from the very get go , is going to be noticeably better than the 950. In terms of upgrading , this is the best $100 american i've ever spent in my life on computer hardware. Most epic bargain in my life.

This completes my mini review. There may not be alot of pictures , or graphs , but there needn't be . To the point.

:D keep ya heads up fellow x58'rs :D

Edit: Forgot to mention The Xeon is also a smaller chip process compared to most of the 1366 I7's , it runs alot cooler and i'd imagine will be much more enjoyable to overclock.

Last edited:
Def. best bang for buck chip at the moment in my opinion, and only reason I went x5680 was slight uptick in cost, $100 is a steal for your x5670 :)

if you need assistance....you know where my thread is but something tells me you know what your doing

Back