I7 920 H50 Stress test 90c?

dsc0020ca.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats how much i used.....sorry for there size...I dont know how to shrink them.....

Lol, its like the size of a quarter!

You can resize in paint before uploading, and I think there is a way to do it on imageshack, im not familiar with it though as I use a private one.

DSC_1383.JPG

In case your wondering, the cardboard on the upper left is channeling 1/3 of the fan down over the VREG heatsink.

Oh wow first thing i notice is your cpu cooler cover is gone....lol
Looks good you have alot of hardrive bays....I wonder if you took them out you would have better air flow well no do you have 4 hdd?

Looks good your cooler really is modified lol

No looks fine, did you get the H50 on?

IId probably get better flow with the rack removed but then Id have no room for the 4 drives anywhere. Well, the SSD can go anywhere really, but the others would be tough, especially that I plan to put a bay res in there and go full water cooling once I get my 580

Oh god I thought you had said it was sucking in.

In an ideal situation you should have it set to be blowing air in through the radiator. basically just flip the fan around.

OUTSIDE --- CASE --- FAN --- RAD --->

No looks fine, did you get the H50 on?

IId probably get better flow with the rack removed but then Id have no room for the 4 drives anywhere. Well, the SSD can go anywhere really, but the others would be tough, especially that I plan to put a bay res in there and go full water cooling once I get my 580

Yes that pic of the case i just took once i finished putting it together..

Would you loop everything together? Like the 580 and cpu?

Oh god I thought you had said it was sucking in.

In an ideal situation you should have it set to be blowing air in through the radiator. basically just flip the fan around.

OUTSIDE --- CASE --- FAN --- RAD --->

Thats what I am doing. the 200mm fan on top is sucking the hot air out.

Ahh ok, Once I get the 580 in and get the parts together it will go something like this:

waterloop.jpg

Ahh ok, Once I get the 580 in and get the parts together it will go something like this:

waterloop.jpg

Oh wow, I like that idea although I thought you cooled everything down first before you went back to the parts? The water will be heated once its sent to your GPU so youll have higher temps I think...

Any advice for mysetup tips? anything you would change? thanks :)

well, water would get cooled at the 360, pumped into the CPU, cooled a bit from the 120, the GPU, then back to the 360. With the cooling capacity that the 360 and 120 offer the water wont get that warm in the first place, so it should work pretty efficiently.

Personally I don't think there is much that could or should be changed with your setup. Looks pretty good to me, and nicely done as well.

well, water would get cooled at the 360, pumped into the CPU, cooled a bit from the 120, the GPU, then back to the 360. With the cooling capacity that the 360 and 120 offer the water wont get that warm in the first place, so it should work pretty efficiently.

Personally I don't think there is much that could or should be changed with your setup. Looks pretty good to me, and nicely done as well.

Thats true....looks like a great setup

I want to get 2 Evga gtx 460s in sli and water cool them but I got to get my new psu first and being 15 money doesnt come easy till summer...lol

Thank you.. I worked very hard on it... lol

Oh wow i just relized I thought the 120 was your pump......lol where is your pump?

Oh wow i just relized I thought the 120 was your pump......lol where is your pump?

I just put it within the res on that pic. Ill probably end up getting a res/pump combo, there is a newer one Ive been eying for awhile.

I just put it within the res on that pic. Ill probably end up getting a res/pump combo, there is a newer one Ive been eying for awhile.

Oh, I see that would be cool. I wanna learn more about cooling and all that. I just don't have that kind of money to play around with it lol

Could I get a large Rad for the corsair h50? or is it not powerfull enough?

Could I get a large Rad for the corsair h50? or is it not powerfull enough?

Im shopping for one right now. Im feeling good that it will take a beefier rad fine, hoping it has enough spirit left to take on the longer hose, res, and a bigger rad.

that temp reading seems a little too high. could be bad contact between the h50 and the cpu.

that temp reading seems a little too high. could be bad contact between the h50 and the cpu.

I don't know how to get it any lower honestly All fans on 100% and i have reapplied the thermal compound several times and all got the same temps..

Im shopping for one right now. Im feeling good that it will take a beefier rad fine, hoping it has enough spirit left to take on the longer hose, res, and a bigger rad.

Plus even if the flow is slowed down a little, The bigger rad and res will cool the water down even more so it will hopefully be worth it....

Will you send me links to what your looking at?
Thanks

Back